BC Boards

Recall was 100 percent, now 0 percent

What one of Zoe's trainers did when her little pug disobeyed her (so even trainers have dogs who blow them off sometimes!) she went and retrieved the dog (no scolding), put the dog on a leash, and practiced recall about 10 times on leash (long lead) (so she could reinforce it). She said that it's important to make a point that the dog CANNOT ignore a recall. (And yes, make it fun! Happy! Best thing ever! lol)

I need to do that with Zoe. Duh. Wonder why I just thought of it now.

Do you guys have a kennel or a dog daycare around? Our kennel here in town offers a doggie daycare where they let all the dogs play together and stuff. That might work if she's good around other dogs. I'm think of doing that with my Black Jack. He needs some doggie buddys, since no one from here is close enough :rolleyes:

WyoBC

Do you have any suggestions for BC's who do not get along with other dogs in any way. My Chase goies completely balistic when he catches sight of another dog. He actually nipped one on the nose last weekend.