BC Boards

Bitches being, well, Bitches?

Ooh, good question Julie. Briar is more snarky. Normally she plays outside alot more but with the icky white stuff she is in the house more. We still follow our normal excerise and play but her heart isn't in it. Do you think it is more cabin fever?

Hi there

I don't know- I am assuming so- though the majority of it seems to be coming from my intact almost 11 month bitch. It is related to resource guarding- namely me. She will instantly stop though once any of them give it back to her. It was really cold yesterday- I didn't realize HOW cold, and I had them out while I was shoveling- then the feet came up lame- I thought- it was just cold tootsies. So, less exercize has got to be a factor.

Julie

quote name='Cheri McDonald' date='Feb 15 2007, 07:55 AM' post='101792']

Ooh, good question Julie. Briar is more snarky. Normally she plays outside alot more but with the icky white stuff she is in the house more. We still follow our normal excerise and play but her heart isn't in it. Do you think it is more cabin fever?

Not really here. The only snarky dogs are the little ones (so they couldn't care less about exercise). Dazzle is a big wimp and only now being a little snarky because of the aussie pup (who deserves every bit of it!).

If I DID have really crazy girls I would just try to get them out more, and spend a little extra one-on-one time with each of them (playing, or snuggling, or training, or anything).

Yeah outdoor excercise really helps with the their snarkiness. The longer they are kept in the grumpier they get. I just try to get mine out in the warmest part of the day.