BC Boards

O/T New job!!

I'm just so excited! I got a job touring around the US with a theatre company based out of NS, Canada. I guess I'm going to get to see a lot of the states, driving around in a company van. I'm pretty excited, yet scared. I'm sad that I'll be leaving my other half and Tiga for extended periods, but it's a really good opportunity for my career. I just found out today, and I needed to share with someone! It's all happening really fast, it's a bit overwhelming, but I'm happy!

Wow! What an opportunity! How long will you be gone? How often? How much of the country do you expect to travel across? I'd love to drive all over the US! If you're ever in Houston then be sure to look me up now. Congrats on the career boost and enjoy your travels!

Thanks guys! It is a really great opportunity for me. One that I've been waiting for for a long time. I think I'll be gone about 9 months all together and in the US for most of that. If I'm in Houston I'll be sure to look you up Miz. I'd love to meet you, Boy and Fynne! I should know more about where I'm going by the end of this week.

I know it's a long time and it wasn't an easy decision, but it was really the only choice that I had if I want to get my career moving so that we won't be in the poor house all the time. I'll be packing lots of pics, you can bet on that, and I'm thinking about getting a laptop. That will make it much easier and cheaper to keep in touch with home.

Well I got my tentative schedule, looks like the closest I'll get to you Michelle is NM. But I'm going a LOT of places. It's a lot more then I thought, kind of scary to look at it like that.

New Haven CT, White Plains NY, Sag Harbor NY, Somerville, NJ, Staten Island NY, NJPAC, Keene NH, Wilkesboro NC, Greenville SC, Clearwater FL, Coral Springs FL, Sarasota FL, West Palm Beach FL, Greenvale NY, Barrie ON, Oakville ON, Brampton ON, Chatham ON, Mississauga ON, Toronto ON, Geneva NY, Newton MA, Lebanon NH, Burlington VT, Purchase NY, New Brunswick NJ, Westhampton Beach NY, New York NY, Cleveland OH, Ames IA, La Crosse WI, Wause WI, Whitewater WI, Madison WI, Sylvania OH,

Oshkosh WI, Springfield IL, Lake Forest IL, Olney MD, South Orange NJ, Poughkeepsie NY, Kingston NY, Union NJ, Pittsburgh PA, Overland Park KS, Avon CO, Park City UT, Farmington NM,

Costa Mesa CA, Costa Mesa CA, Cerritos CA, Malibu CA, Santa Rosa CA, San Rafael CA, Saratoga CA, Bellevue WA, Billings MT,

Salida CO, Scottsdale AZ, Springfield MO, then 2000 miles back to Windsor NS

Well, it looks like you'll get to see a good bit of the US--that is if you aren't busy catching up on sleep on the tour bus! I hope you can make the most of any sightseeing opportunities you have. What a chance of a lifetime!

Now I have to ask, what kind of theater group is it?

J.

Well looks like I'll be the primary driver, so I should get to see a lot of the roads anyway. lol!

It's actually a children's theatre group. It's all puppetry for young audiences. The group tours US, Canada and are also currently in Japan. The director has worked with Jim Hensen. It's pretty neat stuff. If you want to take a look:

www.mermaidtheatre.ns.ca