BC Boards

Possible Problem with Poppy's Neutering..?

My husband has informed me that Poppy has not, erm, "dropped" his testicals. Can they still neuter him? Or is it alot more complicated...?

Yes, they can still be neutered. It used to be that the testicles had to drop before neutering, but now they are neutering and spaying at a VERY young age. Phoenix was neutered at 4 mos. old, and the surgery was a breeze for him.

I wrote on the other thread about the dog that I knew that had "undropped parts" and almost didn't wake up because they had to put him under for so long - searching.

I hope all goes well!

Oh No! Don't scare me like that. How awful, Now I want to go cancel it...thank you though for the advice.

No problem. I am definately NOT cancelling! :rolleyes: I I just worry so much over my animals when they have any kind 0f surgery.

Poppy is 4 mos old. When do they usually "drop"?

They probably havent dropped anyways due to his age. Sometimes testicles will drop .. go back up a bit ect.. sometimes sooner sometimes later... your vet should be able to feel that they are in the right place ready to drop .. not in his stomache ect. I have a hard time find a vet that will do a juvenile neuter around here, they like them down just a little That is usually 5-6 months old.

I'm sure he'll be fine. Tell me how it goes.