BC Boards

9/11 and the BC

megnme

We all know where we were tomorrow 5 years ago. Some of us have the border collies in our life to thank for the comfort we needed that day. I'll share my story with the list and maybe others want to as well.

Traveling thousands of miles cross country on a trek to the finals I was experiencing the west with my dogs, Meg n Charm n suzie, for the first time. No TV, very little radio and infrequent cell service kept me in a wonderland. Somewhere in Utah, on my way to Idaho I stopped for lunch and a bike ride to exercise my gals. A call to my KY connection, Gina, brought me back to reality. Will the economy collapse before I get home? War? No fuel? Which way do I turn? West or East? A quick call to the couple I was going to visit... a couple I had met only two days before at Meeker..and I headed west. I found at their home all the comfort, support and assurance that you would expect from your closest friend or family. This from someone I had just met!! Border Collie people. Memories were made there and on from there. I am forever grateful to them for the support they gave me for without them I would have turned back .....