BC Boards

WT trials

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by tucknjill:

..he is not quite the natural easy little angel he once was...so consequently I now like him even more! My little monster dog.

Soooooooooooo Jenny Penny....Can we negotiate on the price of little Gwenny Wenny...I got another credit card offer in the maily waily....

OK, so now I'm intrigued. Tell me more. Is he now A Fiend? If so, I'll give him another look. Nappy, on the other hand, is now a dear little Marshmallow, just wants to do good for the Mamma.

And, oh yes, I told Scott I'd be interested in Gwennie too. Is this bidding war time Sammy Jo? And here I was rubbing my hands together imagining the price must have just dropped precipitously.

A.

I just heard from Chuck Howard. He missed Haley and Michele's call but he said they seemed very pleased. Haley and Spot ran really well today.

If Haley can go half way around the world and do well with her mother's dog who she doesn't ever run, then the rest of us should just give up trialing.

I wish her the best and hope to get some scores from Geri and the girls soon.

Stay tuned.

Mandy

Geeze,

I had to use Scott's Sweep to move some sheep today (I needed both Sweep and Jed to put them through a five wire fence that I can't figure out how they got through) and even tho I'm MOMMY and I feed and care for him, would he listen to me?? NOOOO! I probably (should) have more influence on Sweep than Haley has on Spot, him being her mother's dog and she kicks butt and I suck! I finally managed to get Sweep to hold his side while Jed did the most of the work but I certainly wouldn't enter him in any trial! Good for Haley.

Jenny Glen

Just keep in mind that "scores will be posted by 10pm each day" should be viewed through the lens of Irish country time and should be read as "scores may be posted by 10pm each day, or when ever yer man the webmaster finishes his tea and gets home from the pub".

- Just sayin'

I found scores on the isds page this is the addres isds.org.uk/news/index.htm

but I thought there were 3 fields going. This doesn't seem to be enough people. It doesn't look like any US or Canadian handlers made it on.

AMY, I didn't realize Haley was running her mothers dog because they wouldn't let Moss in the country! The report said that they couldn't find his microchip. That is really a bummer for her!!! I was rooting for Moss (we have a pup of his) I knew those microchips moved because I had a dog have one move when they first came out over 15 years ago. I made sure I found Pleat's before he left. His had moved to his ribcage.

Jenny

Haley's Moss update: he was flown home on Tuesday and Sandi Andersen is caring for him. She took him to the vet today and they found the chip, right between the shoulder blades. Apparently it had quit working...it is only 8 months old. Can you believe that?

Originally posted by Jennifer Glen:

I found scores on the isds page this is the addres isds.org.uk/news/index.htm

but I thought there were 3 fields going. This doesn't seem to be enough people. It doesn't look like any US or Canadian handlers made it on.

Those scores are from field 3 only. The results from field 1 & 2 aren't up yet

Geri called at about 11:30 their time. They had just returned from dinner. Geri's crew doesn't think much of the food so far. I know Patrick mentioned on his site that it was good. They all felt like they would not be gaining weight on this vacation.

Amy is madly working on getting up the scores from day. It is a long lengthy list of info but I can say that no one from the US or Canada made the cut today. Fingers crossed for tomorrow. Check the web site www.bordercollies.com for updates. Amy will have them done soon. Geri did mentioned it could be late again tomorrow before she calls again.

Mandy

Thanx Amy and Mandy. People were getting violent over on sheepdog-l. We realy apreciate you guyz keeping us up to date.

I hope somebody (I have somebody specific in mind but failing that, anybody) makes the cut from North America tomorrow.

Amanda and Scott are both running their best dogs tomorrow so we'll keep our fingers crossed.

Jenny Glen

Guest carol campion

World Trial Results Day 2

Date Added: 8th July 2005

Day 2 Field 1

1st T Wilson (USA) Pearl 191

2nd A Owen (Wales) Bob 189

3rd S Hindenes (Nor) Tweed 189

4th S Van Der Zweep (Ned) Roy 187

5th L Cowper (Eng) Kate 185

6th Timothy Longton (Eng) Carrie 183

7th S Glen (Can) Pleat 179

Field 2

1st E Sievers (Ger) Speed 196

2nd C M Magnusson (Swe) Fleet 194

3rd S Gallagher (Ire) Jan 190

4th C Todd (Eng) Gemma 182

5th H McClean (Scot) Ben 178

6th M T Longton (Eng) Monty 176

7th J D Robinson (Scot) Tip 172

Field 3

1st D I Morgan (Wales) Ned 198

2nd J A Hansen (Nor) Tika 191

3rd A Kruger (Ger) Flip 188

4th J McCaffery (Ire) Cap 187

5th E C MacKinnon (Scot) Glen 182

6th B Dalziel (Scot) Dell 180

7th L N Watkins (Wales) Peg 172

Timothy is running Carrie at number 3 and Michael running Monty at number 42 (last!!!) in the semi finals.

World Trial Qualifying Day 1

Date Added: 7th July 2005

These are the results as we worked them out... We appologise for any incorrect spellings or mistakes!!!

Field 1

1st D I Morgan (Wales) Mirk 188

2nd T Ottesen (Den) Zill 183

3rd J H Wilson (Sco) Maid 182

4th I Jansen (Net) Gael 176

5th D Robertson (Sco) CapII 171

6th W Goligher (Ire) Moss 166

7th A Brimbeouf (Fra) Mousse 166

Field 2

1st M Doherty (Ire) Craig 205

2nd J R Welsh (Scot) Moel Jack 200

3rd W I McConnel (Scot) Jaff 200

4th G Watt (Eng) York 200

5th R Dalziel (Scot) Spot 198

6th Ms K Soderberg (Swe) Erkens Lotus 194

7th J Cropper (Eng) Sid 194

Field 3

1st C McGarry (Ire) Ben 193

2nd J Gustafsson (Swe) Don 188

3rd E Sievers (Ger) Bod 183

4th S Van Der Sweep (Net) Glen 176

5th B Henderson (Sco) Bill 173

6th J R Griffiths (Wales) Fan 168

7th S Hindenes (Nor) Wisp 164

Hey Guys!!

How bout a big big congrats to the USA rep.

Tom and Pearl!!

Wow wow wow.

Sometimes the most wonderful things happen with out anyone noticing. That seems to be Toms style.

congrats to a wonderful fellow handler that makes is all proud to be known as his country men.

megs handler

Jen.. tell Scott that no matter what happens we are EXTREMELY proud of him, Pleat, and Tommy and Pearl too. I'm sure everyone is rooting for them to kick some butt over there. Just curious.... has it ever been publicized who the judges are? I looked on the 'wonderful' World trial web site and it is about as informative as a mud pie. I thought I read in someone's post somewhere that one of the judges was Winford Japp. If so, he judged Kingston last year and there are some real stories to tell about him. Marilyn