BC Boards

regionals

Guest herbertholmes

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just my 2 cents?. I?m in favor of Regionals. However, everyone knows that those who go to the Regionals and do well (i.e. qualify for the Nationals) may not go to the Nationals. There are a lot of handlers in my area that do well in area trials but never go to the Finals for a number of reasons such as cost, time off work, ability to do well, distance, etc. I image that having a Regional wouldn?t change things for those people. They would qualify and run in the Regionals but wouldn?t plan on going to the Nationals. Just as anyone could have a bad day at the Regionals, a handler could have a great day and still not end up at the Nationals. Yes, Glenn is correct, **** happens. I?m sure something can be devised to accommodate such a problem such as defaulting to the point system to fill any vacant slots. Amy?s point, I believe?

I think the main point is that there needs to be more of a ?division of labor? so to speak. As we all know, the Finals committee for Sturgis has worked extremely hard over the last 3 years. Next year, it will be Klamath. I know there are a lot of people who would like to see the Finals come back to the East, even though there are issues with suitable locations and sheep. But I think that?s always an issue to some extent. Annual Regionals with a rotating National final location will force the Districts to come together and pick up the responsibility of host, both on National and Regional level. That point may be where Hub and the Directors are trying to lead us.

I also like Jenny?s idea of having all the Regionals within the same time frame.