BC Boards

Ohhhh Mark.....

Shoofly

Renee, I doubt Liz will make her debut next month. Oddly enough, she has been slow to mature. Usually the males are the slow ones (in the human race as well). Robin and I think it may be a Bomber grand-daughter thing. Liz and Rocky are a lot alike.

Robin, I can see you calling "GAEL!" whenever a problem is arising. :rolleyes:

I would have joined in this discussion earlier but I have a rule to NEVER get into discussions concerning age and senior moments.

However, it makes my day to hear about other's senior moments. Misery loves company.

My favorite trick is to mix up names when I am kenneling the dogs. I will watch a dog just stand there and stare at me when he is told to "load up." After I get a little upset and insistant, I realize that the dog that is standing there is not the dog that I am asking to "load up."

Terry, Tweed's damn dam is David Henry's Zoie (and if you know her, you were right on the mark saying damn). Zoie is a Bomber daughter out of R.C. Thomlinson's Penny.

P.S. I may have the ability to take good pictures, but you have the gift of humor. Your stories are priceless!

Well, it was a mixed bag of amazing and amusing.

Saturday she tried to cross halfway up the field; I stopped her and with some convincing got her to turn around and locate her sheep. She then finished off her outrun (on the correct side) in a big way. She had a nice fetch (except for full compliance with down). We had a chute for the post and she did a great job with that (off balance flanks even). There was no driving, it was "aaaaa, they're getting away I must dive through them and turn them back to Mark" :eek: .

Sunday she did her outwork nicely; 20/10/20. :rolleyes: She was flanking off on the fetch, nicely :D ; we still need lots of work on "lie down" (slow down is not quite correct). Right after the turn at the post it was the same as Saturday. :eek:

Perhaps next month we'll get it done; we'll see.

Peg was 6th and 3rd, and she's getting her whistles. :cool:

Mark

Now why all of the big grins on there?

Sounds like a successful debut and that's great about Peg!

If i actually get off my behind and get some dogs worked, i might have a surprise entry for the April trial. It's a long shot but we'll see. (Nope, not Rocky )

Christine,

I think a friend of mine in California just got a pup out of David Henry's Zoie. Maybe it's a grand-pup, but it's related anyway!

-- I would like to officially announce that MY NEW PUPPY HAS BEEN BORN!!!! I have been waiting soooo long. I orginally wanted one out of this bitch (a full sister to Pleat and Tala - but can't trial due to a bad leg, due to a bad cow) but somehow her owner got mixed up and thought I wouldn't want one with the male he bred to. The male's father is the Grandfather of Scott's Nursery bitch, Gwen. (Norm Close's Joe) Hello!! Why wouldn't I want one of those? Gwen only won one day of the Nursery finals! I love the previous pups out of this dam, Meg so I was heartbroke when he had all the pups sold. I tried to get pups out of other bitches but there are alot of barren dogs around here right now. THEN, I was told that I would get a pup out of Meg no matter what!!! 5 girls were born (yuck!) and 4 males (yea!) on St. Paddy's. Unfortunately they will only be 4 weeks old when we hit the road in April so I won't get him until we get back in June. I won't get to pick him but I trust the owner. He picked a good one for us last time.

I'm so excited so watch out, me and "Lad" will be hitting the trial circut sometime in 2007!

Jenny

Zoie now resides in No. California and is owned by LisAnn Spencer....of the dog trialing Spencer clan (wife of Tom Spencer, d-in law to Ed and Barb Spencer). I believe Zoie was bred to Tom's Open dog Coy. I'm not sure of Coy's breeding (might be Mike Canaday's breeding ???? not sure).

We'll have to see Mark. She's sure wanting to take off and drive right now. I started teaching her flank commands yesterday so we'll have to see how quick a learner she is. Otherwise she might pull that old trick of starting to drive and just going and going and going....

It would help if i had more than 6 little dead broke yearlings to work the dogs on. The lambs sure are cute this year though! Renee would like them, they're all nice colors and patterns of black and white.

I just took Tess to Dr. Kit today (vet) and after she managed to get the office folks to feed her tons of treats, she got her puppy xray. We saw for sure 4 pups and maybe a fifth. They might be more hidden but not sure..... Kit said the pups were long.....They are due April 1st..

Is Tess making any movement to nesting...heck no, why..... last time she just started to pop them out on the bed so why change her routine. In the middle of the night, I felt her head on my stomach, heard heavy sighs and some panting, woke up to her having the pups next to me.

Pleat is the sire of this litter too!!

I ma excited that my new pup will be here in a few weeks!!!

Diane and a very large Tess....(waddle butt)