BC Boards

Why the heck does my dog like pillows so much?

Seriously, every chance he gets, he's licking a pillow like it's a giant marshmellow or something! :rolleyes:

I mean, I WASH my pillow cases for heaven's sake! LOL! What could be on there that he likes so much?

Originally posted by smileyzookie:

If I leave my clothes on the floor, my cat pees on them... :rolleyes: Dont get me started on that topic lol

LOL!!!!!

Well, Odin EATS my husbands underwear :eek:

LOL! Oh yeah, Odin will eat my husband's socks too . . . and if we forget to put dh's shoes in the closet, Odin will dig out the insoles and eat those. What a weird dog I have. :rolleyes:

My first visit to a pet ER with my 12 week old golden puppy (UTI), the dog across the waiting room was a Britanny Spaniel who had eaten one too many socks. He was having surgery that nite. I will never forget the look of misery on that poor dog's face!! Wish I could implant the pic in Odin's brain!!

We had a cat that peed on my dh's clothes only. Now we have a cat who attacks him (in a mean way) every time he lays down to go to sleep. He doesn't really like cats much, I told him for his own safety, he should start thinking more positive thoughts about them!!

LOL! Oh cats can be evil, I had mine attack me more than once... apparently I was in his way. (But otherwise he's a lovebug, thank god). Zeeke licks our comforter... I always wake up to find big wet spots on it. O.O I think it has something to do with the fact that it's microsuede. That sucker needs to get drycleaned. Yech.

Originally posted by Tammy525:

My first visit to a pet ER with my 12 week old golden puppy (UTI), the dog across the waiting room was a Britanny Spaniel who had eaten one too many socks. He was having surgery that nite. I will never forget the look of misery on that poor dog's face!! Wish I could implant the pic in Odin's brain!!

Me too! But, thankfully, he can only get at socks if we allow him to. I went out and got one of those really heavy duty laundry hampers that close tightly and that solved the problem. He's still eat them if he could though :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Root Beer:

Maddie does the SAME thing! She will lick a pillow for what seems hours on end!

Odin will snuggle up to it and hold it between his two front legs . . . it's so cute, but kind of gross when it's time to lay your head on that pillow! :rolleyes:

Meg will chew socks, pantyhose, underwear and lingerie and shoes if she gets to but she hasn't shown a desire to 'eat' them. She will drag the above along with my skirts and pants to her favorite spots, which may include the outdoors on sunny days.

She sucks the microsuede down comforter and goes into a belly up wiggly frenzy on the featherbed in the morning while we're getting ready for work.

It never ocurred to me that we were that 'fragrant'.

This weekend I "lost" two pairs of pijama pants! Each time Ouzo grabbed them from under the covers and chew off their bottoms! Yuck! And they were brand new, bought a week ago to replace the other pairs that fell victim to his obsession.

And don't get me started on how many pairs of VS panties and bras he's destroied so far! :eek:

He would not even touch my husband's stuff, just mine... I guess I should take it as a compliment... beah! :mad:

I had to get Evvie her own pillows and then teach her to leave mine alone. Now, when I am lying in bed reading, I will look over and she will have her head on her pillow, her blanket over her and her stuffed dog in-between her front legs like she is hugging it (I have a stuffed bear that I sleep with like that). It is almost creepy, but cute. She doesn't eat my socks anymore, but she will drag them around to wherever she wants to be and will keep them with her. I learned the hard way about the underwear thing too, so she no longer has access to the laundry basket!