BC Boards

Got a great photo?

Hi everyone, I'm brand new here, and would like to introduce myself. I met Eileen on another board and she said "you should join my border collie board" So here I am, I've joined and now I'd like to tell you what this is all about!

I am an artist who draws pencil sketches of animals. My work will speak for itself, so I hope you'll go visit the website and look at all the samples & read all the testimonials.

Once a month I do a free drawing for a high resolution scan of a sketch of your pet from a photo. So even if you can't afford my (very reasonable) sketches you can always enter the contest for free.

I don't want to sound to much like an advertisement, but Eileen knew that some of you all would be nuts over the possibilty of having your BCs sketched, so I just wanted to get this up & out there

I would love to hear from you all on what you think. Here is a custom sketch of Border Collie named "Cody" he is a cadaver/drug sniffer working dog.

cody72.jpg

Thanks!

My husband is from England and the last time we went there to visit we were supposed to go to a working farm watch the border collies herding while we were in Wales, but we ran out of time.

We absolutely love this breed, but unfortunately don't have the time it takes to have a dog at all. (we have a bunny!) When we move up to the mountains things will be much different and we hope to get a border collie, so I'll be here reading up on all there is to know about them.

>

Yeah? What board was that?

>

Actually, Eileen would never say such a thing, because advertising is not allowed on these Boards, as the welcome message makes clear. This is really tacky.

sorry about that! >>

Who is Elaine? Elaine who?

Eileen,

I'm very sorry if I broke any rules.

I really was invited here, and she thought many of the members would be interested in my art. I'm not a spammer, that is as you say tacky.

I met the other person on the HorseGazette board.

I will PM you details on who she is.

Unlikely as it might seem, I'm now convinced--thanks to a private message from Mrs. Palmer--that this was an honest mistake and she really was invited here by someone named Elaine who encouraged her to advertise her drawings. I've told her that she's welcome to remain a member, but referred her to the rule against advertising. I'll remove this thread after everyone's had a chance to see this, so that she can have a chance to start off on the right foot. Welcome to the Boards, Mrs. Palmer.

Beautiful sketch, welcome!!

PS... Mrs. Palmer,I ment to mention... I have 2 bunnies too. I have a female dwarf, tan with a face that looks like a Siamese cat, named Pika and a dwarf, solid black with a touch of brown boy name Thumper. What is your buns name and breed?

What a wonderful talent! I'm envious.

I, too, have a house rabbit. Delbin is an English Spot/Lop cross at a guess, and is a senior citizen at 10 years of age. Don't tell him he's that old - he's just as young as he feels!

The English spots have cool markings, don't they.

So I have a question for you rabbit owners

How do your dogs interact with the bunnies? Do they try to herd them, or eat them?

I was wondering if we could have both in the house, so it's great to hear you all have house bunnies and border collies.

I normally concur with the "no advertising" rule, and understand its need. In this case, however, I am actually glad the error occurred. Missy, who DW loves dearly, is getting on in years, and her health is beginning to deteriorate. Whereas she is a mixed-breed dog (Border Collie and Belgian Sheepdog), there are no stock pictures of such a dog. The introduction to this option will enable me to have a beautiful picture for DW when the unthinkable happens and Missy goes on to Rainbow Bridge. I would presume that others who have mixed-breed dogs might also want to have a momento of their beloved pets. So thank you for this lapse, and thanks to Eileen for being so tolerant.

FYI, Missy is the dog in the front; Tiffany, the English Springer Spaniel, is no longer with us.

b1b79c142da1ea401f23a2e7b3286f1f.jpg

Welcome!

Advertising or not, I'm glad I got to see your pictures. It's hard enough to make realistic-enough drawings of fossils as we have to do in the paleontology course, and at least they're not furry! Totally envious

Mrs Palmer - I've had one or more house rabbits and Border Collies concurrently for over fifteen years now. I don't let my rabbit loose in the family room unless the Border Collies are in another part of the house with a separating barrier.

We have an elderly Australian Shepherd who has been 100% trustworthy with all our house rabbits for all his life. Every one of our Border Collies has either wanted to work the bunnies or considered them small furry prey.

I find it quite fascinating that my one well-bred dog (good working lines) will watch the rabbit in his cage for extended periods of time (I know that's not a good thing to encourage but that's the way it is), and will try to "work" the rabbit if the rabbit's out. He also tries to work cats.

The other Border Collie, who is poorly bred, totally ignores the rabbit when he's in his cage but considers him a prey object when he's out. She absolutely dotes on cats, on the other hand.

I don't think you can make a blanket statement but I don't believe I'd trust a Border Collie with a loose rabbit, without supervision. With close supervision, my rabbit can be loose with the dogs but I am very careful. For that reason, I almost always put up a barrier and block the dogs out of the room when Delbin is having his "out" time.