BC Boards

Does your BC do this?

Just curious if any of your BC's do this. Jazz is now 7 years old. Ever since he was a pup, if we were leash walking, he often took advantage of 'licking' the dew off grass while walking. He does the same if he's on leash and there's a water puddle. He doesn't stop, just licks the water as he's passing by. Although I haven't paid much attention, I think he does the same thing when off leash.

None of the other dogs do this, just Jazz. It makes me wonder if something in his 'BC' wiring is telling him "take advantage of the moisture, you might not have a chance later"

Annie does this on our walks, particularly on higher-standing plants next to the sidewalk; Missy does not. I am trying to break Annie of the habit; I have strong concern about chemical fertilizers and pesticides that may be on the plants.

Tess will occasionally drink from a puddle when she passes one but most of the time she piddles in puddles - :rolleyes: - she tries to do it in outside water dishes too - - is really freaky - my g/f's daughter says she is like a human and thinks she needs to pee over water - - I think not but why steal the girl's thunder - she might be right!

Maggie, Tess and Roz

LOL speaking of piddling in puddles, Riven took a poo in the ocean. We were running around on the beach and it was high tide. She squated and I grabbed the plastic bag and when she stood up the waves came in and washed the 3 little poo sticks further up shore and these kids were like, "gross!!" and then out went the waves, carrying the brown trout with them. LOL :rolleyes::D