BC Boards

Truck/Dogs Stolen in Colorado

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sending out good thoughts, also - in the hopes that the dogs will be found OK.

I read the report - he had locked the truck and shut the tailgate when he went in to pay the bill. By the sounds of it, things happened very quickly - she was back downstairs before he was done at the desk. It almost sounds like someone was watching? Creeps!

I hope the dogs are OK. It's an awful shame when things like this happen.

The dogs and people are in our thoughts as well. Just in case the theives let the dogs out near by the hotel (we live right by there) we went out last night and combed good doggy hide outs as well as whistled in hopes of maybe seeing them. We did the same this afternoon but still no sign. If it is any help or comfort to those poor people we are looking. Our fingers are crossed and eyes still looking!

Firchow, if they are thinking of offering a reward for return of the dogs, send me a PM with an address. The likelihood of the truck and dogs showing up in N. Ontario is remote, so all I can do is send a donation.

Let's hope they are found safe and sound really soon.

I have not heard of any talk of a reward, but I'm sure they will appreciate the offer.

I just received an email from Patti and there has been no sign of dogs or truck. I did post some additional truck information and a photo of the truck on the WSDA page.

There have been more than 4000 unique visitors to the WSDA site today alone. That's a good thing in my opinion, but I'm not sure what my web host thinks.

Well done!! I can understand that they didn't feel safe riding around in such a "famous" truck :rolleyes: .

I'm so glad the dogs are home now. Thanks so much for spreading the word so efficiently!

I am so relieved - I 'asked' my dad (he's been gone for 2 years now) to make sure these dogs got back home safely...I guess dad was listening :rolleyes:

Seems to me, the power of the 'people' really showed that thief something! Good job by all

Great news. I am very happy that all 4 dogs are back home in good condition. Most of these stories have not such a wonderful happy end.

It was good that the media reportet such often.

The last days I often read here very interested. Sometimes I thought what would happen to me if someone steels my car with my three dogs in. That was a horror imagination. I surely believe to know how very happy you must be to have your dorgs savely bag - and the truck. And how happy the dogs must have been to be back to their owners.

Just to let you know, it is illegel in the Metro area (Denver, Aurora, Northglenn, Broomfield etc) to "Huff" which means leave your vehicle running without being right there with it. Even if it is in your own driveway, which I find stupid. It is sad that people have to prey on others and take what others have worked hard for, and that it is so bad that they have to basically make a law saying you can not warm your vehicle up.

On another note, it is WONDERFUL that they found the truck and dogs!!!!!