BC Boards

Help in the kitchen

You may not know, but I hate, loathe and despise cleaning out peanut butter jars. My former almost hippie nature prevents me from simply throwing them away, so they usually sit on the counter until DH gets around to it, which takes forever. UNTIL!

All my beasts get a pill or two, at least once a day. Now, they get the pill, then get a lick of peanut butter. In very short order I'll have a jar clean enough to go in the dishwasher and then into the recycle bin. What clever dogs they are . . .

Ruth n the BC3

LOL good idea - Maggie gets the whole jar to clean out at once though since they're plastic and cleaned out pretty well before she gets 'em. She'll be occupied for about 30 mins or more w/ one large jar.

Fergie gets the whole jar when we declare it empty. Takes longer for my creamy than for Chuck's crunchy. But Ferg knows by how the knife hits the jar that it is empty. She'll arrive in the kitchen from upstairs when one of us gets the last useable bit.

I let Dazzle have one once (I forgot the next time...oops) but after she was done she came running up to me all happy-like and she looked so silly! There was PB ALL over face and nose. It was really cute - wish that I had had the camera!

But it wasn't as fun getting it all out of her fur (it was all over her paws too).

I like the idea but I have a couple of problems with giving pb jars...One is the fights that occur even when there are 3 jars...one for each of them :rolleyes: The other problem, Zachary cannot have PB because of his pancreatitis so he needs to be separated from the others while they are indulging. OH...and 2 of 3 REALLY chew on the plastic which causes concerns about them eating it too.

And...Dusty...he can just about fit his head in the jar...not a pretty sight!! :eek: Imagine having to go the vet with that!

Kris, your reasons are similar to mine for not letting them just have the darn thing. Two sensitive tummies - Buzz and Sammi - and one who needs no encouragement whatsoever with resource guarding - Shoshone - means that a PB jar is a controlled substance at our house.

But, they're all loving their little tastes. Pretty funny to watch the toungue action afterwards, too.

Ruth n the BC3