BC Boards

A flood of working dog pictures

juliepoudrier

Thanks, Andrea, Miss High-Speed Princess! We are definitely on dial-up right now and it doesn't appear to be that we will get any quicker for a little while.

I did enjoy Sam's lesson very, very much. She has the intuition and knowledge to teach, and also has a very engaging style of teaching. I don't get down the way often, maybe a couple times a year, but I sure hope to arrange something with her when I am down that way again.

I will try to get a couple of pictures posted.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andrea, here goes! I got just a couple uploaded to Photobucket. Not the best photos but the best I could do with my little point and shoot and pray for the best camera. These doggone dogs and cattle don't hold still so I can take the picture I want to take!

This first one is Celt as he is approaching the cows. Not a very stylish pose here.

Celtwalkinguponcattlecloseup.jpg

This next one is Celt bringing along our bull, Mr. Lucky.

CeltdrivingMrLucky.jpg

Denise, you are always so kind! Thank you. It is not easy getting nice photos with my much-loved point and shoot 35mm, but I try.

Here is another one of Celt. He is walking up on the herd, and they don't want to move out of the shade. Plus, those three in the front, with the white and freckly "chin-straps" are some of our toughest cows. But, with some encouragement and a little back-up from me and Megan (our little bitch), he got in their faces, turned them, and got all 30 head moving in the direction we wanted them to move. For a young dog, facing a group of mature cows this large is quite a challenge.

Celtwalkinguponcattle.jpg

Nice shots everyone. Keep em comin.

Andrea, we're in the same boat as Sue (well almost). We're on dial-up at home; there's no DSL service in our area, we got dish instead of cable so it was not run to the house, and I'm not paying for two-way satellite internet service. I have the advantage of fast internet service at work.

Mark

Gee, Mark, I only thought cowdogs could get that particular shade of green - now I know that sheepdogs can do it, too. I guess that's one of the unique blessings associated with grass-fed stock.

Maybe Roy should do Halloween dressed as Poopenstein's Monster! He rather looks like he glows in the dark.

34989058.SamsLibby.JPG

where ...... = http://image.pbase.com/u39/pastorshill/upl...8.SamsLibby.JPG which I got from the properties obtained with a mouse right click on the photo.

Hmmmmm, now it's not showing the image for me. I think this may be a permissions issue and something for Denise to help you with.

Mark

Mark, your posted picture shows up on the Boards when I look.

When I tried to do the and then preview the post, all it had was the small box with an "X" in it. So I was doing something wrong. Oh well...

That might need to be another topic all together...

POSTING PICS FOR THE TECHNICALLY CHALLENGED.

Speaking of working dog pictures, why can't any of these calendar companies (like Brown Trout) print out a "working" BC calendar or at least have more pictures of working dogs in their calendars?

Yea, BC's look good posing in front of hay bales and pumpkins, but they are bred to work livestsock, not sit pretty. Even more agility, flyball or frisbee pics would be good - just something showing the athleticism of these talented canines.

Denise and I were going to try to get one together, but she did some research and it is not very cost effective. Anyone from NEBCA know where they get theirs done?

Wow, that is a great idea! She may even be able to work something out with the magazine printer so that she could get them done inexpensively. Let's talk to her about it tomorrow! Between you, Denise and I, we can get a bunch this weekend (novice classes, too). Friday's forecast is rain, but Saturday and Sunday look good.

Now THAT is a cool idea Mark. Bet you Lena would go for it. We could make it a contest, with the best pics chosen for the honour of appearing.

She's still recovering from the fire, so we might have to supply the technology. I have a good printer, there must be calenda templates floating around somewhere. I know Black's in Canada will do calendars, we should be able to too.

A.

NEBCA's calendar is done like a contest as well. Winners don't get any prizes, just the honor of having your photo chosen. It would be great if we could get it done in color though. Think that would be too expensive? If we could get the main "proof" calendar created, it would be less expensive for reproduction only - no design charges.