BC Boards

licking?

Black Jack likes to wrap both his paws around your wrist and lick your thumb and hand a lot when I first come in and see him. Is that anything weird? I don't mind it, it's kind of funny how he "holds on to you" like that.

Is it a way of showing he trusts me?

The shelter girl says that he does stuff for me that they have never gotten him to do for them.

Thats because you two are ment to be together :rolleyes: and I don't see his licking as wierd. my parents dog Hannah will do the same thing when she greets me or my dad, not many other people though, just a couple.

Both our two are major lickers... they kind of zone out and lick lick lick lick. Zoe is more of a little licker on speed (licklicklicklicklick*quiver*licklicklick), Zeeke just kind of puts his ears back and half closes eyes eyes and will sit there licking DH's hand. I don't know what's up with that. But it's obviously some form of affection.

Yeah he'll come running to me and hold my hand and lick,lick,lick,lick,lick. It's funny. :rolleyes: If you say give me a kiss he'll kiss you. He's so cool.