BC Boards

pedigrees

bc4pack

Eileen,

Perhaps you could point me in the right direction.My BC bitch is allegedly from registered parents...all I have are an ABC # and an AIBC #. The 'breeder' only gave DH a handwritten appl. form...anyway,altough it would be nice to get her registered,it's not that big an issue...I'm really looking to see if I can find sire/dam pedigrees...just for the sake of interest in bloodlines. Any thoughts on how to go about this (for the uniniated).For what its worth,my hussy is spayed :rolleyes: .

I apologize, I'm not Eileen, but I played this game many years ago myself. :rolleyes:

If you have an AIBC number on one parent and can get the information on the mating date, etc (the breeder has to sign - this may be the information you have there, I don't know), then you can play the "AIBC lottery" and send in those papers to them and see whether you can get papers back sometime within the pup's lifetime. It took three years for my dog. :eek:

If you have the option of doing it ABCA, you need the above information again, and it will only take a couple weeks and you'll have a complete pedigree! However, if your dog was born last year, or this year (ie, later than Jan 1, 2005), your breeder has to submit the papers.

Thanks for the info.OK another quick question...if one parent is ABCA and the other Is AIBC. I do have the app. signed by breeder with Breed date/litter size/obviuosly whelp date...Could I contact ABCA for registration on my dog or does the breeder need to do this...(this has been my issue,getting ahold of the breeder)? Pedigree on AIBC dog ( a parent to my dog) I naturally would presume I'd have to go to AIBC.

Hope this makes sense..My dog was whelped in Oct.2001.

Thanks Rebecca!