BC Boards

breeder code of ethics

Guest luvdabcs

Guest luvdabcs

Hello all,

I was just curious if I am alone in thinking that the ABC should come up with a basic breeder code of ethics. It does not have to be too strict. But exclude reg. of pups out of people who have falsified papers, been in jail for animal cruelty, just charged with animal cruelty or are banned from owning and breeding dogs in certain states ect. People who are afraid for others to go to see thier kennel, or will not even give out a phone phone because they don't want anybody to know for sure where they live..

This seems crazy to me that all the above things are okay with any registration let alone ABCA who dearly loves BC's.

Something tells me that you are familiar with the JRTCA and its policies.

For those who aren't: the JRTCA asks all breeders who wished to register a kennel prefix to sign a breeders code of ethics.

JRTCA Breeders Code of Ethics

The policies set forth herein outline the ethical breeding practices expected of all JRTCA members. Members registering a kennel prefix are required to acknowledge, agree, and adhere to the COE by signature to this document. JRTCA Breeders Directory subscribers and Stud Book applicants are required to sign the COE with each application. All those who are signatory to the COE may be subject to a kennel inspection (with notice) at any time deemed necessary by the JRTCA Board of Directors, and may be subject to penalties being levied should substantiated violations to the COE be incurred.

Here's a link for anyone who is interested in the document in full:

http://www.terrier.com/jrtca/ethics.php3