BC Boards

OT - Dog leads rescuers to stranded injured runner

I only know what is in the newspaper article. But my best *guess* is this: At the time the SAR people arrived, Taz was running around, probably barking, and trying to attract attention. SAR knew the dog's description so they immediately associated the dog with the missing woman. So SAR likely said something like "Taz, where's your mom? Go find her." So Taz understands and takes off running along the trail, and the SAR follow on the ATVs. Taz was smart enough to know that mom was in trouble and needed help and when the SAR told him to find mom then he knew exactly what to do. As I said that's just my best guess.

Hector

Deb -- Thanks for that link. It was nice to see Taz together with Danelle. Since she had fallen 60 feet down from the trail, the SAR might not have found her without help from Taz. And she might have died from hypothermia if they hadn't found her when they did. That is a happy ending for sure.