BC Boards

Lacy's SDT results

Sue R

Just a quickie because I don't have time but several board members deserve a "Congratulations for a job well done" at last weekend's trial at Karen and Tom Lacy's.

Renee Billadeau and the beautiful Bette did wonderfully in the Nursery class as they won on Saturday (I think it was only run on one day). They were second and then first in Ranch, to be the Reserve Champions in Ranch overall, as well.

Sam Furman and Tak were second and then first in ProNovice to be Reserve Champions overall in ProNov.

Dan King and Fann were third in Ranch on Saturday and then Dan and Jig were third in Ranch on Sunday.

Sylvia King (our Dan King's lovely wife) and Vic were second and then first in Novice, to be the Novice champions overall.

Laurie Anderson and Cooper placed second in Novice on Sunday.

And many board members were well-placed in the Open class both days, with Julie and Kat winning on Saturday. Mark, Renee, Christine, and Robin all placed in Open.

1. Julie Poudrier Kat 88

2. Mark Billadeau Peg 86

3. Robin French Jet 83

4. Christine Koval Rook 82

5. Tom Lacy Megan 82

6. Christine Koval Bess 80

7. Sam Furman Fred 79

8. Sam Furman Buff 78

9. Stu Ligon Nap 77

1. Stu Ligon Nap 95

2. Tom Lacy Megan 91

3. Robin French Spottie 89

4. Tom Lacy Peg 88

5. David Henry Scott 87

6. Renee Billadeau Rae 86

Tom Lacy and Megan (my absolutely favorite trial dog) were the Open champions overall, and Tom Lacy and Jill the Ranch champions.

I'm so bummed that the trial had to be postponed a week due to weather (hurricane) and so I couldn't go and enjoy everything in person. Our Debbie Crowder and Julie Poudrier were the set-out ladies, I believe. I so wanted to help!

Congrats to all the good handlers and dogs, and thanks to the Karen and Tom for hosting the trial (along with tattooing and other enjoyable events for Border Collies).

Sorry you weren't there! It was fun, Julie and I swapped lies and fine chocolates, and, the main reason for speaking up here, I "instinct tested" another fine 4Her for sheep work, Patrick Haller from Charles City County, a fine young man of thirteen, who has a delightful Rough Collie who has been introduced to sheep and finds them interesting but maybe not intriguing enough to work. Patrick worked all day Saturday, tirelessly, and due to a prior commitment (alter duty at church), had to settle for a half day of fun Sunday.

His mom told me she never saw anything like that boy for wanting to get back at it Sunday. To sweeten his intrigue, Julie's pups just HAD to be there, and HAD to be played with by the young man, when we could get him out of the pens. He took a shine to the white boy, but all got equal time.

Just doing our part for the future of the sport.

...Julie and I swapped lies and fine chocolates...
I miss ALL the best times! Well, maybe just some of them, come to think of it. Fine chocolates, indeed!

That's wonderful to hear about Patrick. We are to have new neighbors it seems, and they will be bringing their two youngish Border Collies along with the family. Although the dogs originate in icky-AKC-ville, they are neutered and non-registered, and they have a teenage daughter who is just determined to get into stockwork with her dogs, so I am quite looking forward to their move-in.

Hey, Debbie, just by the way, if I'm able to come down for the VA State Fair and Montpelier, might I beg a couple of nights with you, pretty please, maybe? I'll be happy to babysit Jane if she's going to Jack's clinic near Warrenton in early Nov if you're tied up at all that weekend.

Let me know, please? I'd like to help at the state fair SDT if I can and maybe run Celt at Montpelier on Saturday, if I can get up the nerve and am able to come.