BC Boards

Frontrunner SDT Results

tucknjill

November 17-20

FrontRunner SDT

Many thanks to all who made our first year in Cumberland a smooth and easy transition. This years course was quite a bit more challenging than our trials in years past at our Richmond farm. The outrun at our new farm is roughly 425 yards and the first go of open had a drive of roughly 525 yards. Combine that with hilly, rolling terrain and some slightly cagey cheviot cross yearlings and well, you can guess the outcome. The sheep were challenging but worked well, most all proved hard to pen and shed. Many thanks to Tom and Florence Wilson of Gordonsville VA for selling me these wonderful sheep.

As with all trials, this one being no exception...I couldn't have managed without a superb support crew. Many thanks to my husband for supporting me in everything I do and for doing the cooking for the handlers supper and all my friends who helped with the trial. To Randy Munford for sticking with me when almost no one else would have getting those blasted trees cut down and cleaned up and getting the field ready. To Robin French for doing all the paperwork, judging the novice classes and holding my hand when I needed it. Scott Glen for doing an awesome job judging the open, Warren Mick and Debbie Crowder for handling the top end and doing a darned fine job. Alice Urqhart for keeping all my helpers fed and bartending (wow, what a shot). Andrea Dekenedy, Dean Holcomb and Colin Campbell for pre trial prep. Sue Rayburn, Karen Shoemaker, Lauren Seabolt, Deb Mickey, Nancy Ortiz Sharp and anyone else that stepped up and helped with clerking and paperwork. I know I have forgotten somebody, not because I didnt appreciate the help, just that so many stepped in and lended a hand. Thank you thank you!

Thanks to Dan King for the trophies he donated. They were truely unique and definately added something special to the awards...Very unexpected and very appreciated.

I also would like to thank Whitehall Methodist church for providing the Concessions and Ron Hardiman for all the help he continues to give me. Who knew that when I hired a fencing contractor I was getting a full service handholder?

Also, as always I would like to thank our Sponsor Bil Jac foods. Steve Overbay again stepped up with a generous supply of dog food, shirts, bags, umbrellas and breeder packets. We really appreciate their support and look forward to many more years working together.

Thanks to all the handlers that supported me with their entries and we look forward to seeing you all next year along with some new faces and hopefully we can make it an even bigger and better trial next year. Till then happy trialing. Sam Furman

RESULTS

Novice Novice 5 dogs

1. Ann Johnstone Gabby 38

Pro Novice 15 dogs

1. Sam Furman "F"red 62

2. Mark Billadeau Jodi 61

3. Dave Clark Clair 57

4. Sue Asten Brook 54

5. Randy Munford Grit 53

6. Dave Clark Roy 51

Ranch 12 dogs

1. Tom Wilson Whip 59

2. Randy Munford Vic 51

3. Dave Clark Luckert 47

4. Dan King Jiggs 38

Nursery 1. 8 dogs

1. Christine Koval Tweed

2. Anet Haitcox Jax

Nursery 2 5 dogs

1. Anet Haithcox Jax

Open 1. 68 dogs

1. Sally Malloy Paige 79 (1st open win, way to go Sally!)

2. Nancy Obernier Nick 77

3. Gene Sheninger Jess 76

4. Tom Wilson Sly 74

5. Carla King Maid 74

6. Bill Couburn Hope 70

7. Christine Koval Rook 68

8. Julie Poudrier Twist 68

9. Christine Koval Bess 65

10. Denise Wall Mick 64

11. Craig Rogers Celt 64

12. Stu Ligon Nap 63

13. Warren Mick Glen 63