BC Boards

Front Runner SDT Results

tucknjill

This years trial is now part of history. For me it marks the end of my fall trial season and is a nice relaxing way to start the winter (in my dreams!)

We had super nice weather this year and the sheep worked reasonably well. The Open course was a straight forward outrun of about 230 yards with a very tricky, long drive that left many people scratching their heads wondering just what had gone wrong? The Novice Novice sheep were my school ewes and afforded everyone an even shot and a good learning experience with no tricky surprises. Pro Novice, Ranch and Nursery ran the same ewe, yearling, lamb mix that the open got. On the whole the sheep were pretty even and worked as well as they were handled.

Tom Lacy handled the judging this year and did a tremendous Job. He was helpful to the Novice handlers and did a fair job throughout. Colin Cleer spotted the sheep again this year and never a grumble was heard for all three days. He is truly a joy to work with! Give the man a snickers bar and a Pepsi and you never hear from him again. I always make sure on the Sunday night to get a firm commitment for the next year. THANK YOU COLIN! (and Angie Myers for subbing for him when he had to run)

No trial could be put on without the secretarial staff and as always I owe my life to Robin French for bailing me out and keeping me on my toes. You just cant make it in this life without your true friends. Many thanks to Stacy Tackett for helping me clean up the day before, Sue Rayburn for posting scores for most of the three days, Ray Norton, Alice Urqhart, Rae Rogers and gosh I am sure someone else for clerking. Dean Holcomb for pitching in as needed...and Dear Lord, thank you for my HUSBAND. He cooked for everyone all three days, Coffee was ready at 6 am each day and he was finishing dinner dishes by Moonlight after the rather ummm rowdy handlers after dinner party hour. Thank you thank you to Randy Munford for helping me build our super duper new handlers post and Colin Cleer's new perch. I couldn't do it without ya! Last but not least, I would again like to thank Bil Jac Foods for sponsoring the trial with their generous dog food donation. I am very sorry if I have forgotten anyone, no trial could be put on without everyone pitching in and this years trial was no exception. Thank you thank you everyone and hope to see you back next year. OHHH thank you everyone who did non compete runs on Friday to help me cover the big food bill that my husband ran up AFTER the open prize checks had all been written (some 500.00 in groceries!) Men, gotta love em! Thanks to you guys we were able to pay back 1700.00 per day in the open. Till Next year, Sam Furman.

Novice

1. Rae Rogers Toby 74

2. Ray Norton Brooke 70

3. Ann Johnstone Gabby 64

4. Ali Curtis Cruise 51

5. Carol Lockhart Tess 48

6. Sue Rayburn Celt 47

Pro Novice

1. Ray Norton Maddie 77

2. Ray Norton Mirk 77 (Tie Broke on the fact that I wanted Maddie to win! big grin)

3. Lyle Lad Shep 72

4. Lyle Lad Justie 70

5. Lyle Lad Slick 65

6. Nancy Obernier Scott 64

Ranch

1. Dick Brewer Jenny 83

2. Christine Koval Bess 78

3. Julie Poudrier Kat 72

4. Tom Wilson Sly 68

5. Pam Gardner Ferrell 66

6. Lyle Lad Rose 66

Nursery Fri

1. Lyle Lad Justie

2. Tom Wilson Sly

Open Sat 54 dogs

1. Dean Holcomb Nell 94

2. Lyle Lad Moses 93

3. Julie Poudrier Twist 93

4. Christine Koval Rook 92

5. David Henry Holly 90

6. Denise Wall Mick 88

7. Allen Lynch Joe 87

8. Don McCaig Luke 87

9. Lena Bailey Spot 86

10. Robin French Gael 86

11. Rennee Billadeau Rae 85

Nursery Sat

1 Lyle Lad Justie

Open Sunday 52 dogs

1. Dean Holcomb Lynn 91

2. Christine Koval Rook 91 (Runoff)

3. Dean Holcomb Nell 90

4. Stu Ligon Nick 88

5. Shay McMullen Brit 87

6. Lyle Lad Moses 86

7. Renee Billadeau Starr 85

8. Sally Malloy Paige 84

9. Allen Lynch Joe 83

10. Denise Wall Mick 83

11. David Henry Holly 83

Overall Open Champion Dean Holcomb and Nell

Reserve Christine Koval and Rook

Nursery Sunday

1. Lyle Lad Justie

Permission to reprint in the magazines.

Originally posted by tucknjill:

Pro Novice

1. Ray Norton Maddie 77

2. Ray Norton Mirk 77 (Tie broke on the fact that I wanted Maddie to win! big grin)

Ray and Maddie also won the ProNovice at the VBCA Winter trial this past weekend! Mirk will soon have his day to give Maddie the rasberries. :rolleyes: