BC Boards

Meeker scores and results

Denise Wall

Elizabeth and Rye's accomplishment is really impressive. The Meeker course is large and challenging. It could easily be argued that the Meeker sheep are as tough or tougher than any sheep in the world. And the same can be said about the level of competition at this trial!

charlie torre

• 3 weeks later...

Hey there, I'm back!

Thanks for the kind words. The Meeker sheep were definitely tough, but my Rye-boy liked them an aweful lot. He was always in the right place at the right time and pushing forward.....he also listened to me very well. The sheep ran over the top of alot of experienced dogs...either that or ran them off into right field. They were twitchy, splitty and worked hard to out-smart the dogs. This was definitely not a finesse trial....lines were an abstract concept but hitting obstacles and finishing became very important towards the end.

One thing I have to say that the event is quite a marathon as you progress through the eliminations. My dog felt great but I was a whipped pupppy at the end of it all. I was in awe of the final ten (most are legends in dog trialing) and couldn't imagine how I managed to get there. Rye and I have alot of work ahead of us before we are competitive in a Double Lift.

Elizabeth