BC Boards

How do I find trials in my area?

Genie

Welcome to the Boards, Genie!

You can find a list of upcoming border collie trials by clicking here. USBCHA trials are the gold standard, and they are amazing to watch. Pt. Pleasant, Porterville and the Western Regionals are coming up soon, all worth a drive. If you're in NoCal, there's a cowdog trial this weekend at beautiful Langtry Farms.

For all-breed* California trials, click here. California has some great working Aussies, and you can see some of them at ASCA trials --- especially in Central California. AHBA (and AKC :rolleyes: ) trials are kindergarten stuff for a good working dog.

Speedway is GREAT looking! What a good boy!

*Border collie trials (most of them USBCHA) are open to any capable dog --- but aside from border collies themselves, only a handful of working Aussies and Kelpies have the talent to compete on these courses.

The USBCHA link has what I was looking for. It looks like most trials are in No. Cal., so I guess I'll have to plan a trip. Speedway likes to chase sheep and I don't have a clue what I'm doing when it comes to sheep, so we will just go to watch and hopefully meet people.

Thank you for the links and the compliment - I think Speedway's cute too. I checked out the pics in your link - it looks like I'm not the only one with an adorable dog...

How bout Montana? Anyone know of anything in Montana?

Alicia,

I believe that there is a Mountains and Plains stockdog association that operates in MT and surrounding area. Sorry, I don't have a link for you. Also, the Working Border COllie Mag lists a MT stockdog handler's Assoc with a contact of Suesan Nelson, of Sheridan, MT, 406-842-5365.

HTH

Mountain and Plains is the Colorado association. I'm not sure the Montana association is active any longer - at least I have not heard anything about it recently and I'm not too far away. Quite a few people from Montana use the Wyoming Stock Dog Association as thier local club. The site is http://www.wyomingstockdog.com/

Thanks guys :rolleyes: