BC Boards

SE Iowa cattle clinic Sept 16-17

The Iowa Herding Dog Association is sponsoring a cattle clinic (great cattle and great facilities) Sept 16-17. There are a couple of places still available. A flyer is pasted in below or contact me for one as an attachment.

Kathy

L-Heilenman@uiowa.edu

Iowa Herding Dog Association

Cattle Clinic with

John Holman

September 16-17 2006

Paul Kinney?s farm Mt Pleasant, IA

John Holman has been training, trialing, and breeding stock dogs for more than 25 years. He has experience with a wide variety of breeds. He is an AKC, AHBA, and USBCHA judge. John is a student of "low stress" cattle handling. He encourages the handler and dog to work as a team to quietly and efficiently move cattle in either a farm field or a trial course.

In 2003, John placed in the top ten with two dogs, Moo and Trim at the USBCHA cattle finals. In 2005, John and Mick won the second go-round with a perfect score of 90! This year, he judged the USBCHA finals in Texas.

John uses a mic(mike) at his clinics so all participants can hear his instructions for each dog. He actively encourages spectators to ask questions and participate in the discussion about each dog's performance, strengths, and areas needing improvement. John and his wife, Natalie, reside in Clay Center, NE. web-site:www.dog4ewe.com

Cost: $85 per dog per day (IHDA members, $80)*. Limit 1 dog per handler until Aug. 15. IHDA members have priority until Aug 1*. Check must accompany entry form. Checks cashed Sept 1. No refunds unless replacement found. Spectator fee: $15 day.

Directions: From Mt Pleasant, take Hwy 34 W to W55 S toward Salem. Take 3rd gravel road after Skunk River bridge (275th St). Go W about 1.5 miles. House is white modular on S side of road. Address is 1352 275th St. Home 319-258-7205; cell 319-931-1967

Time: Clinic begins at 8 am with 2 runs per dog per day (1 morning & 1 afternoon).

More information: Kathy at 319.338.4835 / L-Heilenman@uiowa.edu Cell: 319.530.1843

Motels. Available in the Mt Pleasant area about 10 miles from clinic site.

http://hotel-guides.us/iowa/mount-pleasant-ia-hotels.html

Camping: Very limited on site. Contact Kathy. Also available about 2 miles from clinic site.

http://www.henrycountyconservation.com/nature_center1.htm. Also cabins along Skunk River, 2 miles from clinic site: 319-986-5067

Food and beverages available for purchase on site. Support our food/drink providers!

*To join IHDA, go to: www.ihda.net for a printable application form or e-mail/call Kathy for a form.

Iowa Herding Dog Association Cattle Clinic with John Holman

September 16-17 2006, Mt Pleasant,IA

Cost: $85 per dog per day (IHDA members, $80 per dog per day)*. Limit one dog per handler until August 15. IHDA members have priority until August 1, 2006*. Check for full amount must accompany entry form. Checks cashed September 1. No refunds unless replacement is found. Spectator fee: $15 day.

Send entry and check (don?t forget to sign the waiver) to: Kathy Heilenman / 2928 Dubuque St NE / Iowa City IA 52240. You will receive a confirmation via e-mail if you provide an e-mail address. Otherwise Kathy will phone.

Name:

Address:

Phone number/e-mail:

Dog?s name and breed:

Experience with cattle:

My dog is current on immunizations and worming: Yes? No? (explain)

Please read and sign:

WAIVER OF LIABILITY

In consideration for participation in an event sponsored by the Iowa Herding Dog Association and Paul Kinney, I agree to assume all responsibility for any claim, loss or damage, of whatever kind or nature, whether to person or property, which may be caused at or near this event, either directly or indirectly, by me or the dog or dogs I have entered in or brought to this event. I further agree that I will hold the Iowa Herding Dog Association and Paul Kinney, any officers, directors, agents or club members harmless and defend them from any and all liability for any injury, claim, damage or loss, of whatever kind or nature, whether to person or property, caused at or near this event, whether directly or indirectly, by me or any dog I have entered in or brought to this event. I agree to indemnify the Iowa Herding Dog Association and Paul Kinney for any loss, cost or expense including attorneys fees and costs, to which by the Iowa Herding Dog Association and Paul Kinney, any officers, directors, agents or club members might be subject as a result of any claim, suit, loss or damage caused in any way by any act or negligence on my part or on the part of any dog or dogs I have entered in or brought to this event. I certify and represent that the dogs or dogs I have entered in or brought to this event is/are not a hazard to other dogs, other animals, or to people.

I release from liability the Iowa Herding Dog Association and Paul Kinney as well as all people involved in the clinic, fun day, or trial for which I have submitted an entry. I accept that any activity around dogs or livestock is not without some risk to myself or my dog(s). I accept all responsibility for myself and my dog(s). I agree to pay for any damage my dog(s) inflict(s) upon the stock or other dogs or people. For stock, this will be complete market value if stock has to be destroyed or the complete vet bill if injury is slight. (Stock value: cattle $1000). The right to excuse an aggressive dog is reserved to the organizers of the event.

(Signature of participant) (Date