BC Boards

2003 Kensmuir "Novice" Series

Guest PrairieFire

Guest PrairieFire

Decided to officially announce this...

I'm gonna try this out. I will need at least 10 dogs to run each series - the first series will start on Saturday May 3, 2003 at 9 am...and will run monthly through August, maybe skip my fall trial, and continue in October and November depending on weather...

Each trial will feature 2 runs - cost is $30 for both runs. There will be no payback, for if I payback, I would need to police "novices" and I don't want to do that - in fact, I wouldn't mind immensely if "higher" level handlers wanted to run young dogs just to get 'em some expereince on a course...

I'm thinking of setting up a ranch course and perhaps even a PN course, and just letting folks announce which course they are running when they enter, but running them all concurrently.

I'm taking entries starting now - so if folks are interested, let's see the entries come in - along with what you would be willing to do at the trial and what you are comfortable with doing...

Bill,

You can put me down for 4 runs (2 dogs/2 runs each) for the first series on May 3 and as mentioned before, put me down for whatever help you'll need, including setting sheep out for people as well.

Thanks for putting these on!

Donna

Guest PrairieFire

Yep, they'll be judged. I'm the judge - that keeps the cost down...

They will essentially be "training" trials - I dislike the term "fun trial" - and the purpose will be to establish a learning opportunity rather than establishing a "winner"...one of the reasons I'm not policing it is to make it available to more folks...

• 1 month later...
Guest PrairieFire

Ain't never drove that way, Chad...

River Falls to Denver is 14 hours - RF to Belle Fourche is 9...

I once made a ten hour trip (for me) in 8 hours, pulling my 1972 Playmor dog trial special camper with my 1 Ton dually when Craig had the weed seed embedded in his eye and I was heading for the U of MN (that included a stop in Iowa for a vet to put anesthetic drops in his eye - cell phones are wondrous things)...

I once totally blew up the propane tank cover on a borrowed 26' camper at nearly 100 mph through Montana - it just shattered, shabby workmanship I figure...(I LOVE good ol' American big block chevy engines...)

I think I'm banned from driving in the North East...

Guest PrairieFire

"I guess that is a bit far."

There is no too far, there is only not stayed long enough...

Just plan on staying longer, we like doggie company...