BC Boards

Does anybody know...

Does anyone in the Carolina's know anything about a Roper Mountain Festival in Greenville, SC, this weekend?

I'm new to South Carolina and just heard about it on TV (When the cable company messed up my NHL CenterIce and I had to watch regular TV!!) But, I saw that there was going to be Border Collie stuff.

Since I'm also new to the Border Collie, I thought about going and maybe taking Mattie. But I don't have anymore information...

Thanks

Liz

WOW!!!

So Roper Mountain is still around eh?

I lived in Greenville SC for 5 years - and I have been to Roper Mountain.

Everything they do is pretty fun - they didn't used to have BC stuff though, or maybe I just forgot.....

But I DO know that it would be really fun - I just don't know about it - if that makes any sense. :rolleyes:

You could try contacting them - they would be happy to give you some more info I'm sure.

Asked my son in Simpsonville:

There is a festival this weekend. First annual Spring Fest. Shows how much I know about my own area. Here is the most informative blurb I could find. Looks like dogs could be involved, but I'd post the phone # on the board.

"Greenville, April 8. Spring Fest at Roper Mountain Science Center. Celebrate the return of spring from 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at the Living History Farm as interpreters and guest artisans demonstrate sheep herding, goat milking, wool spinning and more. For information, call (864) 355-8900."

Also this weekend there will be a sheep trial at Red Creek farm in Towneville SC. It is off of the 85 at exit 11. Don't know if you are interrested in that. They will have all classes I believe. It is a benefit trial and they will have an auction of dog and sheep stuff at noon. Can give more info to anyone interrested.