BC Boards

*Ahhhhhh... lots of fleas!*

mydogMilton

Its called Program and is available through vets. It causes the fleas to become infertile so they eventually die off that way because they all get old. Its a once a month pill. Program won't work quite as fast as the other products to get rid of the fleas because it doesn't actually kill them.

Advantage is a topical liquid you put on the skin at the back of the neck and it kills all the fleas that bite the dog. It also lasts a month.

Revolution is a product similar to advantage but it also gets heartworm, ear mites, roundworms, whipworms and I think ticks. It is a prescription.

I'm not sure what other products are available in the US because I'm in Canada.

I don't use Program but I've had very good results with Frontline Plus for some years now. In some more southern areas or places where fleas can be active year-round and are more prevalent, some topical flea treatments may be losing some effectiveness. For me (and I'm south of you but at about 2000' elevation), the Frontline Plus does very well and seems to take care of things even when I travel further south to trials and clinics.

Best wishes taking care of this irritating problem (pun intended).