BC Boards

vaccine side effects -- how long should I worry?

The vaccine mentioned in that article that Denise quoted (do we know how Mick is doing? Much better, I hope.) was the Fort Dodge one. I believe my vet has the Pfizer 4-way. That article mentions that they did this and that and the other to make the vaccine less likely to give side effects.

I am wondering now about side effects with the Pfizer one. How long would it take for bad effects to appear? I don't want to be driving home, dogs out of sight in the back of my car, and find out 10 minutes later they couldn't breathe because of swelling or something. :D Should I just walk them around near the vet's office?

Sorry. I am so paranoid. :rolleyes: I would require medication if something happened to my dogs, let alone something that I could have prevented by simply standing around for half an hour.

Allie + Tess & Kipp

http://weebordercollie.com

Tess & Kipp got their lepto shots today. They also had their microchips checked (and those are fine, numbers appeared and everything). They go in for a booster in November and I will ask them to do the microchips again and let me write down the number to make sure it is correct. I didn't think of that today.

Anyway, to answer my own question, the consensus among the techs and vets was 24 hours was how long one should worry about side effects from a shot.

Tess managed to not pee on anyone today. Yay. :rolleyes: Poor dog. I told them, "Don't pick this one up unless you brought a change of clothes with you to work today!" :D

Allie + Tess & Kipp

http://weebordercollie.com