BC Boards

Thinking about feeding eagle pak Opinions?

Dal & Mad's Mom

Everyone who originally supplied Premium edge to me has dropped diamond as a supplier I checked 3 different stores.

So armed with my whole foods list I went to a local pet food supplier to see what I can buy without paying 10 to 13 dollars shipping and Eagle pak holistic lamb and rice seems like a best bet since I give table scraps (cooked meat spaghetti) and I'm willing to give whole sardines and eggs a try to start on raw stuff.

Is this a good choice?

Sheryl, I like the EP holistic formulas. I'm not too fond of their NON holistic formulas, but I would feed the holistic formulas to my guys. I particularly like their canned foods. I also supplement with sardines a few times a week, and my dogs go nuts for them. Stinks up the whole house though, and DH threatens to toss us all on our ears for it. I will probably throw the EP Holistic into my rotation.

At any rate, I also like Canidae (I am currently feeding it), Innova, Solid Gold, and even Wellness if it comes down to it. Wellness has changed some of their formulas to the point that its not my first choice any more, but its still better than many of the alternatives.

Some people suggest switching three times a year... I've never intentionally done that but I generally switch brands at least once, sometimes twice during the year. The concept more or less is that if one is missing something in nutritional value the others will compensate and so forth.

Anyway, if you're considering supplementing with Raw, the Solid Gold (Holistique formula, IIRC) may be the best choice as its supposed to be formulated to be supp'ed with Raw or homecooked. I believe Becca's fed it some, so she may be along to offer some input for you. So far I like the Canidae, and my dogs have been doing well on it. A little of it goes a long way with my easy keepers though. I particularly like Canidae's platinum formula for Seniors for my arthritic dog, but that's a long post.