BC Boards

Best toys from 2006/Recs for 2007?

Yeah I know what the flip lips look like! lol. Black Jack always loves to hold it like a taco. It's really funny. I bet it is, I think I spent about eleven dollars on my Kong frisbee. But it's held up really good so it's worth it.

I agree with the flying squirril. Tiga loves it and hasn't destroyed it yet. Also he loves the treat ball that you can record your own voice on. I recorded my voice on it before I left and I'm told that he plays with it quite a bit. I also got him a food cube. You can set the difficulty level on it and he will eat his full meal out of it and he loves trying to figure it out.

Our dogs favorite toys are:

Balls

Really long braided tuggies I make from microfleece so that multiple dogs can play at once

Rawhide chewies

Filled Kongs

One dog only likes stuffed toys that make grunting or animal noises

One dog only likes rubber squeaky toys

One dog only likes her giant stuffed octopus toy

I would really caution about the rope bones - at least never leave a dog unattended with them. My aunt's dog had the pieces of string that he chewed off get entangled in his intestines twice, both times requiring surgery and the second time they lost him. I think they are great for a throwing and retrieving toy though.

I am not sure what the toy is called but its basicly a water bone, it have little numbs all over it for massging the gums and you fill it was water and when the dog chews it the water comes through little tiny holes, the the water only comes through when they chew and in the area they are chewing. now my dogs dont care when it filled with water, but I fill it was a mix of honey and olive oil, and once they foger out that the sweet treat oozed into their mouth as they chew, they lay quietly for hours contented lol

I can't get the Kong frisbee to fly. I think I'm defective, hehe. River isn't allowed to 'chew' her frisbee or tennis balls so they are out of reach when not in use. All other toys are fair game.

River loves:

Soccer balls

Chuck-it (tennis balls)

Soft Bite Floppy disc (I can throw it!)

Hol-ee Roller (she plays by herself w/ that)

Speaking of Hol-ees, we have 2 now, one of them has a hole in it from a piece being chewed off and I am able to put a tennis ball inside. It keeps her busy for a while getting it out.

Pretty much anything she can fetch. She tried to bring me a large blade of grass once, hehe.