BC Boards

Off days?

KelliePup

Does anyone's BC have days where they want nothing more than to just sit next to you and sleep? Kellie's been doing that all day and I'm starting to worry a bit.

18 months. She's been sleeping most the day now.

I tried to initiate some play, but I only threw her ball twice before she retreated to her crate with it. She didn't want anything to do with her stuffed sheep, or her tug rope either.

BTW, I'd love it if you could get me in touch w/ some people. I live in Kalamazoo.

It could be possible that she may have a little storm phobia. Our Nellie is afraid of storms, and can sense when they are coming, usually at least a day before they arrive, and will generally stay in her crate or her "den" in the living room and not really want to move. Nellie is 4 years old and we have had her for a year, so we are not sure when this behavior started.

I know there is a front near us now and she wants to go out, but will not go out the dor without being coerced. It isn't even raining or even cloudy, but she just knows it will storm any minute :rolleyes:

Thx for the advice. It would be new if she did.

Here are her symtoms:

lack of energy (ears and tail droop while she's up, even when she waggs her tail).

Extended periods of sleep

longer than normal urination

and (I just found this out while petting her) her stomach is slightly distended.

Now I'm getting really worried.

She also didn't eat today again.

We're gonna get it checked out later today. I'm sure the vet will think I'm nuts though, Kellie seems fine this morning

Could she be constipated? The one time Dublin was, he pretty much slept all the time and didn't want to do anything. I brought h im to the vet and they did an xray and discovered a lot of 'stuff' in his bowels that wasn't getting moved properly. A few rounds of medicine and he was back to new!

Good luck and let us know what the vet says.

Thx all for the care and concern. I took Kel to the vet yesterday (a little constipated, but okay and back to her charming energetic self)

I also found out why she acted the way she did, and that (cuz I though it was funny and wanted to share w/ everyone) I posted in the general section under the title "How the brat fooled me."