BC Boards

My raw fed dogs are quite gassy

Hi everybody,

My dogs are about to run me out of the house with the smell! They smell like rotted meat from both ends! They are smelling like this often. The first bony meal they got this week was chicken and I did feed the whole critter. Most of them didn't finish.

Late last week they had chicken too but before that they had a slab of ribs each and 3 out of 4 of them not eating any bone. Am I feeding too much bone? I don't get it at all - HELP! I don't think I can take it and hubby is about to toss us all out into the desert!

Thanks,

It could be that their system is not processing the raw properly. I would suggest that you add digestive enzymes to their food and probiotics and see if that makes a difference.

Dogs will do this as well when going from one brand of Kibble to another as well, as the body has to get used to the change.

Loki's gas problem was found to be a bacterial infection. Although it may just be a case of adapting to the food, you want to consider other possibilities if it continues. His gas has cleared up completely after a food change, and antibiotics.

tikki used to fart and burp for england if he got something with alot of fat on it, perhaps you could try trimming some of it off for now?

he can now handle just about anything, but when i offered lamb after he hadnt had it in a loooong time....... i thought the paint would run off the wall! it settled down within a week or 2, he hasnt done it for ages now.

love

donna

Didn't you just start? Somewhere between seven to thirty days, some dogs will practically run you out of the house with anything from bad b.o. to coat blow, to digestive upsets. It settles down within a few days and suddenly they will glow with health! Just keep the food reasonably bland and fast if it progresses to actual mild vomiting or diarrhea.