BC Boards

sneezing and blood

Miztiki

Boyden has a ferocious sneeze going on right now. It's really loud. I used that otoscope I bought to look into his nose thinking a tick might have crawled up in there or something (pulled 15 of them off him the other day). He has blood on his chin along his bottom lip, and a bit on the skin between his top lip and nose. The area is a little raw also.

Do you think he's been rubbing his muzzle trying to get something out of his nose? Or is this an allergic reaction to something?

I did a little searching and these don't seem to be reverse sneezes. He's not making snorting/choking sounds, just sneezing extremely loud over and over.

It is one thing after another. Thankfully it's never anything major, like his liver failing or something.

He kept us awake for most of the night but stopped with the loud sneezing at some point, so whatever it was must have come out. He's still sneezing a little and his nose is warm and dry today so I wonder if he's not catching a cold.

Thanks guys.

I dunno Miz, maybe we're sharing a little doggie virus. Bree started sneezing on Saturday, and yesterday PM Ginger and June started sneezing. They are doing a very light sneeze, more of a short outward burst of air, mostly just when they get excited. :rolleyes: I first started to think that Bree may have something in her nose, but now I think they're sharing a wee bug. I'd be concerned about the blood part though.

How's he doing now?

All you need are 3 sick dogs at once! Hope it's nothing more than a little sneezing on your end.

Boy is fine. He and Fynne have both been sneezing (regular sneezes) alot the last couple days, especially when they're outside, so maybe it's seasonal.

Boy's nose is still warm and dry but his eyes are not red, his ears are fine, he's not coughing and he's eating and playing normally.

The spot of blood came from the raw area by his upper and lower lip. Today that area looks fine, so maybe he did have a bug or something up his nose and was sneezing it out and rubbing his muzzle to get it out. He hasn't sneezed loudly since late the other night, so I think he's ok, maybe with a touch of a common cold or seasonal allergies.

Fynne goes to the vet in a little bit to see why her skin is still so crappy.

I called the vet, and the asst suggested that I not worry TOO much unless they have gunky stuff coming out. Bree is doing the inverted sneeze thing too, but the other two are not. It doesn't help that *I* feel crappy, though... Course she said it'd be fine to give them some benadryl. There is that little side effect of a drowsy bunch of Crazies :D .

Ed to add: glad the blood was only chafing type. I see blood and I get all nervous. I'm tick paranoid too. Maybe I should take some of June's clomicalm. :rolleyes: