BC Boards

Zoe is a dork

Does anyone else's dog bark, hackles up at other dogs, acting all big tough and mean "I'm going to mess you up if you take ONE STEP towards MY yard" (you can see Zeeke taught Zoe all of that) - but then if actually APPROACHED by another dog suddenly realizes that no, I don't want to have anything to do with you, mama help me! Zoe got a little lesson today in challenging other dogs - two big dumb labs pulled their leashes out of their owners' hand and came running up to say hi to her. Zoe was not impressed - they are apparently supposed to stay safely at a distance while she pulls off her tough look. Instead she ended up hiding behind me on the porch while they sniffed around. (Like I said, big dumb labs - I know them, they're friendly.)

Oh, but once inside the house safely? She started barking and "woo-woo-woo"ing psychotically. Just because.

Oh yes, Kessie is a whole lot bigger and tougher in the car than outside of it!

Also, when there's too much trouble between her and another dog, I sometimes chase the other one off...that is I make it turn away and leave, and guess who wants to do the chasing once the "enemy" is retreating!