BC Boards

Sneezing, lethargic, and vomit.....yum....

Tuuli

So Tuuli has been sneezing and rubbing her nose for about 2-3 days. She is congested sounding when she wakes up, and has had a decrease in enegy levels. Today she threw up while in my wifes car.....VERY unusual for her.

She still wags alot and has had a fairly healthy apetite. It really seemed like the common cold until the vomit. She is 22wks, and has had all the "normal" shots including kennel cough.

Any ideas? Anything more to look for? We are thinking of a Vet visit tomorrow morning, overreacting?

Thanks in advance.

Jaime, Eeva, & Tuuli *sniffle**sniffle*

Dogs don't get colds. They CAN get a couple of serious viruses that have the symptoms you describe, so I'd run that pup to the vet. My rule is, don't mess around with pups, especially young ones.

I think your pup it almost exactly the same age as mine!

I've always been curious about this one. Some sources say dogs DO get colds, only rarely. Others say they don't. Of course it depends on what a 'cold' is, right? Riley got out in the rain the other week and started hacking out stuff from his nose and coughing. After a week on cough supressants he was fine. Did the rain lower his immune system for him to get something like that? Is he not just used to this weather (he's from the tropics, literally)? Did he step on doggie-doo from an infected dog? It's not like the vet can tell you outright...