BC Boards

Etogesic

jrid

My dog has a disk which is making extra bone and causing her discomfort in her rear end. She was prescribed Etogesic last week and I have given it to her a total of three times. Each time I give it to her she seems to get stiff all over. I am calling the vet today and I guess we will try Rimadyl. I was just wondering if anyone else's dog had experienced similar effects from Etogesic.

thanks

I didn't see stiffness problems with it, but my dog did get "dizzy" on it. He developed what is known as vestibular disease after being on it a week or so. We experimented to see if it was related, and everytime he was on it for a few days he would start getting dizzy. Then we found out vestibular symptoms are listed as a side effect. I know other dogs that have no bad reaction at all. So I would read about side effects and of course talk to your vet about it. There are alternatives to try like rimadyl and deramaxx.