BC Boards

Advocate by Bayer

Shelby Kennels

Is anyone using Advocate by Bayer? It does not appear that it is yet available in the US (did not find it in the US on the internet). It treats fleas, flea larvae, heartworms, roundworms, hook and whip worms, mites and lice all in a one monthly topical treatment. I would not skip my yearly HW check at the vets - but this looks like a very economical product. Looking for anyone that might be using this product - how long has it been out, is the US looking at releasing, etc.

Four more days to your REAL puppy fix, Miss Impatient. It's not MY fault I'm a bubblehead and forgot my memory card yesterday. Sorry, Kim, that's why she's so snappy. :rolleyes:

My outgoing mail isn't working consistently. I sent you (Laura) a note that I'd reminded Steve that you were coming Sunday. Good thing - he didn't actually catch that with all the flyball dogs barking behind you. Call him as soon as you can. I didn't think you'd gotten that message since I haven't heard back.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread. By the way, my vet is furious that they pulled Proheart 6. As a rural vet, it was much easier to convince folks to come in for the twice monthly treatment than to get the pills and then administer them. Also, she was able to treat most cases of HW for much less than the arsenic-based stuff and considered it much easier on the dogs. She'd never had a problem with it and really thinks it was a political thing. I'd like to hear comments from others directly involved in veterinary practice.

ME? IMPATIENT?!?!?!?!! :rolleyes: I WANT PUPPY PICS!!! :mad:

yes you're an absent-minded bubblehead!

Pam mentioned he wanted to know if I wanted a lesson, so I assumed he definitely knew I was coming. Pam's going out there at 1pm Sunday. Will you be out there? I told him I'd call him back and let him know a time.

Did you try both my accounts? I didn't get anything...

It's only Kim's thread, she won't mind....and if she wants me to stop hijacking the thread, she must produce puppy pics!!! BAAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA!!!!

- the mad engineer

I am currently using Frontline Plus with an addition of Adams when I need it (fleas are an epidemic out here). Interceptor is our current hw preventative. I am aware that Proheart was pulled and would not consider using anything containing the ingredients. Initially, prior to being able to locate the actual ingredients I was hoping to get a response from someone out of Australia where it is now available. My vet, too, liked the Proheart for the same reason that some "old timers" or less knowledgeable dog owners would commit to that at a vet visit vs the montly deal. Of course, I live in an area where hunting dogs are starved prior to season so they will hunt better. Some things I will never understand.

Laura - having some e mail problems. I did e mail the photo and it bounced back to me. I will try again. Sorry for the delay. He is a nice looking smooth coat - and cannot wait to be old enough to really start workin! Will you package some of that puppy breath and send it to me????