BC Boards

Happy Birthday Ashe!

Happy Birthday to my old man! Ashe my very first leap into border collie addiction turned a young 13 yrs this past Sunday. One of my favorite memories of when he was yound was looking out the back door to see the neighborhood boys gathered around the sand box playing with Ashe right in there watching what they did intently. He was playmate and guardian for both my son (now 14yrs) and my daughter(11yrs). He has been soccer goalie,partner in roller blading , biking, hiking, and horseback riding. He has been my and is still my agility partner for over 10 yrs. Retired to performance now for a year and a half he is now showing me that the 22 inch jumps are getting harder for him. He owes me nothing we achieved our ADCH at 12yrs old, have gone to USDAA Nationals 3 times out of the last 5. Sadly for the both of us this will be his last year in agility. He loves the game, pulls me to the startline cries while watching the younger dogs play. Now his first best job will be beloved companion. He has never been ill in his life even when diagnosed with Lyme. Has the temperment of a saint, the lust for life that we all should have. He loves going where every you go and gives 1000% everytime you ask. We love you Ashe happy birthday!

Happy Birthday! Just wondering...don't they have a 'veteran's class that allows for lower jump heights and still allows the competition? That might keep him 'happy' too

Happy Birthday buddy!

And congrats on that ADCH too!

If you ever compete in NADAC not only do they have "veterans" but also the "skilled" (which also gives you lower jump hights). You can do both together and compete 8" shorter then you usually do. Because NADAC only goes up to 20" then he could compete at 12"! (I think that is correct anyway - the rules are so complicated).

Happy birthday!