BC Boards

Advantages of having a senior dog

1) Dog sleeps through 2 4.4 earthquakes, epicenters not all that far away.

2) Whilst I am calling family and friends to assure them I'm safe, Dog continues to sleep. 

3) Whilst I am checking/updating bug out bags (one for human, one for dog) Dog rolls over in his sleep and groans a bit.

4) Dog continues to sleep until his own little brain reminds him it's time for a walk.

Works nicely for me, as well.

R&G

Glad that the earthquake left you and yours intact!  (And thanks for the chuckle).

And yes, there are advantages to older dogs, not to mention that for me, the older a dog gets the longer I have had that dog and it always seems as if my love for a dog keeps growing even past the point where I thought I couldn't love them more. :-) My elder gentleman is probably about 14 as well, and I am blessed by his presence every day.

On 9/17/2022 at 8:22 AM, D'Elle said:

Glad that the earthquake left you and yours intact!  (And thanks for the chuckle).

And yes, there are advantages to older dogs, not to mention that for me, the older a dog gets the longer I have had that dog and it always seems as if my love for a dog keeps growing even past the point where I thought I couldn't love them more. :-) My elder gentleman is probably about 14 as well, and I am blessed by his presence every day.

D'Elle I think dogs in general are a blessing. Just about every time I'm out and about w/out Gibbs, when I see a dog I Can Not Resist Asking, 'Can I pet  your dog?' Could be a kind of addiction, but all in all  a beneficial addiction. I'm an introvert, towards the extreme end of the scale, but will head right for someone with a dog.

R & G

21 hours ago, urge to herd said:

Could be a kind of addiction, but all in all  a beneficial addiction. I'm an introvert, towards the extreme end of the scale, but will head right for someone with a dog.

Me too. And if someone wats to talk to me about my dog - or theirs - I am all over it, whereas I would be unlikely to converse with a stranger otherwise. Dogs are my favorite thing, so anything concerning a dog is of interest to me. I could (and have) talk for hours about dogs. And I always ask if I may meet a person's dog, unless it is a service dog or otherwise obviously unsuitable for petting.