BC Boards

Farmers Insurance will cover this

Mark Billadeau

Agitated bison rams car in Yellowstone

looks like the “impacted car” is from FL.  Their insurance agent won’t forget this claim.  If they have Farmers Insurance their agent will really have something to talk about.

Farmers Insurance commercial

Bison are no joke. And humans are dumb. Not saying that, in this case, the humans did anything to cause a rutting male to ram their car, but about 10 years ago, I spent a couple days in Custer State Park (where you can hardly turn around without seeing warnings about the park’s bison herd) and had a very informative conversation with a seasonal park employee. Not only did I witness behaviors contrary to advice, but also heard some stories about people who have to “push the envelope “.

Case in point: one 20-something male decided he wanted a photo of himself next to a bison. The nearby bison were lying down so he kicked the bison in the nose to make it stand. Yes, he was hospitalized.

On 8/23/2022 at 7:02 PM, gcv-border said:

Yes, he was hospitalized.

And fully deserved to be. 

I grew up where there were wild bison and also bears in the mountains about an hour's drive away. Tourists would often ignore the large signs that said "do not feed the wild life!"  and "stay in your car!" Many were damaged as a result, sometimes fatally.

9 hours ago, D'Elle said:

And fully deserved to be. 

I grew up where there were wild bison and also bears in the mountains about an hour's drive away. Tourists would often ignore the large signs that said "do not feed the wild life!"  and "stay in your car!" Many were damaged as a result, sometimes fatally.

And then the idiot sued the state. Appropriately, the lawsuit was thrown out.

• 2 weeks later...