BC Boards

Hi, new here. I have been reading through the forums for the past month or so anticipating our new puppy.

This is Katie, she is 8 weeks old and we picked her up a few days ago. She is our first border collie and our first puppy. Well, my first puppy. My husband raised his JRT who passed away at age 18 a few years ago from as a puppy. He was an amazing dog, so my husband must have done something right I say, but that was a long time ago lol.

i do have dog experience, just all of my prior dogs have been rescues not puppies. My last dog passed away earlier this year at age 17, she was some kind of hound/terrier type mix, mix unknown, she was a stray. She was my best friend, we did everything together. She was the kind of dog who waited outside the bathroom door for me, you know? Since she passed, we fostered a young walker coonhound who had serious trust issues. She was from a shelter, a bad situation. She has found her home now, it was tough to say goodbye!

and so, this time we wanted to get a puppy, the “puppy  experience”. A little leery if I am up to the task and I am sure I will have many questions along the way!

Seem like many experienced people here to Ask! 

Looking forward to the adventure. So far Katie is settling in well and just getting to know each other still.

B91A7B9A-D28E-4C02-9879-71D7D990C3CC.jpeg

6A33CD65-9D3C-4325-B04C-E4A7599D15C2.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

And an old photo I found of my last dog, back when she was maybe 2. Mix unknown, she was a stray (hound/terrier maybe, catahoula, podengo/beagle all suggested, I don’t know she was just a great dog) I adopted her when she was 1  and that was back before smartphones and all that, so have few pictures of her younger days. This was an exciting find! She was my best friend for 17 years.

18603A4F-C637-4FB2-A741-71DA182B5C0F.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Snow is not a fear for a lot of Border Collies.  I live in Australia and my boys love the cold and wet (no snow though) far more than the heat.  Luckily we are having a fairly mild summer by our standards where I live - only one 40+ degree Celsius day so far (104 Fahrenheit), although other areas have not been so lucky.

PS she is so cute!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Not a great picture the light is bad in it. An updated method of couch sitting, she now sits on the top of the couch behind me and kind of hugs me with her paws and rests her head on my shoulder. Pretty cute I guess.

about a week shy of 9 months now.

BE7E29B0-D3B6-4BEA-BE24-B0885232EEB9.jpeg