BC Boards

New Member and Rylie My New Puppy

Hi everyone! I just got approved for membership and thought I'd share some photos of my new guy! I got him when he was 6 weeks old (I know really too young) and he has been a complete joy! His first couple of photos he is 5 months old. The last is when he was about 3 months. 

Rylie at 5 Months.jpg

Rylie in the Marigolds.jpg

Rylie.jpg

Welcome to the boards Maeflower! I see you got the memo about puppy photos!:P

Your puppy is beautiful, and I love the difference a couple of months makes between puppy fluff and adult coat, and so shiny!

May we know the name of your very intently gazing boy?

Thank you all! I am really looking forward to learning and sharing here in the group. Rylie is my 3rd Border Collie and I used to show in agility, obedience and tracking with one of my others and my two golden retrievers. I don't plan to show Rylie any but will still probably train in agility and tracking just for fun. Obedience is a given!! AND it's a good think you said you like puppy pictures because I am a photographer and LOVE having a puppy as a model!! :rolleyes:

Lawgirl...I have to laugh a bit! Yes I am a photographer but you just can't imagine how many tries it takes to get a .00001 sec of a still border collie puppy! The photo in front of the fence was a nightmare! He was chasing squirrels that were running along the top and I yelled his name and he turned to look for a split second as if to say "What mom!!" and then he was off again running the fence! He is non-stop energy! Oh and the photo in the marigolds, he was chasing bees and stopped to look and see where they were! Maybe after he matures and gets more training I'll be able to get an actual pose! I can only hope! ;)

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/5/2020 at 6:37 PM, maeflower said:

...I am a photographer but you just can't imagine how many tries it takes to get a .00001 sec of a still border collie puppy!...

Oh, but those amazing candid shots are well worth the time they take to capture. :wub:

If you're old enough to remember when film had to be purchased and developed I'm sure you really appreciate modern cameras. And the new ones even take sharper pictures too. :lol:

Thanks everyone! GentleLake, I'm definitely old enough!! Still remember waiting for the mail to get photos back! I didn't get into photography until 2008 but my husband was very much into film. We had a darkroom and we still have the film camera (Canon FTB) and all the darkroom equipment. Today I shoot with a Sony A7RIII and have an Olympus IR as well. As for candids, I have quite a few if I ever have time to edit them!! So much to do so little time!