BC Boards

Puppy Check

Hi Folks,

I'm looking for Freckles' new owner in order to check on his well-being.  Here's a link to an IMGUR album of pics of the little baby boy:

https://imgur.com/a/aYrT3TN

He was ultimately rehomed by a breeder I despise who operates out of Southern Indiana.  He had significant problematic behaviors which led to us ultimately having to let him be rehomed.  We could have dealt with the issues if we lived in the country, but unfortunately his behavioral issues were not suited to city living.  We hope is doing much better in a different setting.

If you now have Freckles (the prettiest border collie I've ever seen), I am happy to arrange anonymous contact (so that you can be assured that I will not know who or where you are).  I would like to hear about how Freckles is doing since his breeders didn't care.

If you know who has Freckles, please do not provide me with that information.  Please just ask them to get in touch with me either here or on Reddit (my Reddit username is "PuppyCheck").  Anonymous accounts on most sites, including here and Reddit, can be created using a throwaway e-mail address provided by sites such as:

https://temp-mail.org/en/

https://www.reddit.com/user/PuppyCheck

I have attached a document (in rich text format) which provides some information on Freckles.  If you know where Freckles is, and are not his owner, please feel free to forward this document (or print it and send it) to his owners.

We have many more pictures of Freckles we would be happy to share, and I would very much like to have a (again, anonymous) conversation with Freckles' new owners about his well-being, behavior, temperament, etc...  If you have Freckles now, please put yourself in our shoes and consider taking the time to reach out to us.  Freckles was so very deeply loved.

Freckles_Info.rtf

That's a good question, SS Cressa.  Thanks.  They won't let me have any access to their FB page, however.  I hate them, and they hate me.  Those bridges have been burned.  They quite literally beat their puppies.  (I know this because I watched them beat Freckles.)  I will never forget the fear and horror that little boy expressed when they smacked the fucking shit out of his nose.

On 5/23/2020 at 7:20 AM, GentleLake said:

IMO people like that shouldn't be protected by a shroud of silence. Unless they're named people will keep buying from them, which will result in more puppies being bred and therefore more abuse.

Just sayin' . . .

I second this. They should be named publicly and called out on this. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am surprised that attempts to reach out here and on Reddit have not worked.  I am surprised that I have been unable to crowd-source the location this puppy wound up in.  I hope the puppy is doing well.  If his owners have seen this and have not responded, well, they're idiot shits who suck as human beings.  And if they do suck as human beings, the poor puppy is probably fucked too.

There are hundreds, probably thousands, of people who have or know people who have border collies who have never heard of this forum. Many people don't use Reddit, or Instagram, or other social media (I don't). So Freckles' new owners may have no idea that you're looking for him. Or the breeders may have bad mouthed you to them, making them suspicious of contacting you. There could be any number of reasons besides their being "idiot shits" that they haven't contacted you.

However, if someday they do find this site and discover you're looking for them, after this last tirade I think it's doubtful they'd want to reach out to the person who posted it. You may well be your own worst enemy.

I sincerely hope Freckles is safe with someone less filled with hate who loves him.

Generally speaking since it’s not all breeder... but bad breeders don’t normally admit fault in their lines SPECIALLY behavioral issues. So if they are a bad breeder there is a good chance they blamed you and bad mouthed you for any issues the dog had or in general. But that is of course assuming. The other part of while you deem this breeder to be bad the new owners CHOSE this breeder to get the dog from... there is a good chance they don’t view the breeder the same way.

I would think you would need to be extremely lucky to find the owner on the internet. The internet is a big place and as GentleLake said not everyone uses social media or they use it very casual.

I took a hiatus from social media for a bit and just recently came back due to covid. I have never had a reddit account. Don’t do twitter or whatever else is out there. Facebook is currently a necessary evil.

Thanks Cressa.  I actually don't think I'd need to be extremely lucky, because all I really need is someone who knows the owner to stumble across one of these posts.  The world is much smaller than it seems and our degrees of separation aren't that great.

But you are correct. I'm certain I was bad-mouthed by the breeder, and they'll never admit anything, etc...   I took the little puppy to meet the breeders to talk about some of his issues, and he jumped up on the picnic table at their dog park.  They hit him in the face very hard, and he cowered and slunk away in fear, horror, and betrayal.  I will be forever haunted by that (and by the fact that I let them have him back after that.)