BC Boards
Sign in to follow this  
D'Elle

How is everyone doing these days?

11 hours ago, GentleLake said:

@alligande,

Doesn't sound to me like Duende's dog is a puppy, so the exercise comment probably doesn't apply. ;)

@Duende, congratulations on your new dog. What she said about brain games is still very relevant. Your adult dog will need some exercise but trick, obedience, agility and other types of training (like scent work) are all very mentally stimulating and can do a lot to tire a dog out. Since you've only had your dog for a short while, take this opportunity to train good manners and anything else  you can think of just to occupy his brain.

By the way, we love to see pictures here. :)

I completely miss-read the post :blink: .......

I’ve been working from home since mud-March. Fortunately my work is easy enough to do from home. I work for a university and everyone is home for the foreseeable future. 

I think the dogs are happy because I’m home. It means more long walks for them. I’m on a farm in a very rural area and I think there’s a lot of denial out here, unfortunately. My housemate goes out a lot, which makes me crazy because it puts us both at risk. 

That said, we have livestock, chickens, a bunch of baby plants In the greenhouse and a garden that’s ready for them to be planted in, fruit and nut trees, grapes and berries. We may not be able to easily get staples and paper goods, but as the summer goes on we should be able to feed ourselves relatively easily. 

I may go a little stir crazy at times but I don’t miss my long commute and I’m finally getting enough sleep at night not having to get up at 4 a.m. to make the drive into Richmond. 

As long as my job doesn’t become collateral damage I’m hoping to just weather this storm. And I hope all my friends and family stay safe. 

My home office “help”:

3DFBAE6C-F04F-4CD0-88C8-F8FDA05FEB3A.jpeg

7E91751B-AF0E-4E57-A7AE-96ECD71487B9.jpeg

I LOVE the second shot, Julie! She looks pretty happy to have her pic taken. Lots of walks being taken here, too. For a while we had some nice sunny weather, but now it's overcast most of the day and on the cool side. The walks are still good ~ for Gibbs, EVERY walk is a good walk. Some of them are even great!

Ruth & Gibbs

Molly and I finally moved!

We now live on the ground floor in a newly made appartment in what used to be an old shed/barn. 
Molly is very happy to be back with me and is very keen to do anything and everything for me (I think she's scared I'll bring her to my mum again if she doesn't listen well enough).

It's definitely a lot more fun to be stuck at home with a dog, especially since there are many opportunities to walk here as it is surrounded by nature.
Molly watches me all day long, I tried to take a picture but she pretended she wasn't staring at me :) or she wanted to look like a model in the picture. 

I hope you are all well and hanging in there!

0812a776-5831-40de-a76f-cd35ba98bb73.JPG

IMG-0734.jpg

What a lovely place!  I'm sure you and Molly will be much happier there!  Congratulations!

Amy

Well, here in Western Pennsylvania, we are preparing for the "soft opening" of many businesses in May.  I am still a little nervous about that.  Being home all day has not been that different for us.  My husband is retired and he is home all day anyway.  I am over 65 and have a small 4-hr job in the mornings.  So I am missing going out to work for those 4 hours and seeing people.  And I really miss going to dog class two days a week in the afternoon.  Those were socializing times for my puppies, as well as their every-two-weeks appt. at the groomers to get their nails clipped (basically to get them used to the whole process.)  Added to that is that we have had crappy weather - cold, rainy, or both.  So I have been limited in getting them out to different places for socialization (without people and dogs due to social distancing.)  You would think that with all this time, I would be out there training and training -- but alas, lack of dog class plus lousy weather has made me less than motivated to train.  Although I must say that two 10-month-old puppies have made staying at home fun -- never a dull moment with these two! 

I hope you all stay safe and healthy.  I would never have thought that I would ever see in my lifetime what is happening now. 

Bonnie

tunnel.jpg

Parker & Piper.jpg

On 4/25/2020 at 5:40 PM, beachdogz said:

I would never have thought that I would ever see in my lifetime what is happening now. 

Bonnie

I know....me too. It is like something out of a science fiction film or novel. Many times in the past I thought that a virus might come along one day and decimate the human population, and that it would benefit every other species on the planet if it did. Now here it is, although I doubt that it will actually get big enough to wipe out a truly significant percent of the world's  human population. It could, though.....we don't know....and that's the most unsettling thing of all, I suppose. Even if this situation only goes on for the rest of this year, I don't think the world will ever be the way it was only four months ago. People say "when things get back to normal", and I understand thinking that way, but I don't think the normal will be something we go back to. 

Congrats, Flora and Molly!  Looks as if you got yourself a great place to live. Molly looks so sweet, and reminds me of my Kit, whom I miss a lot.