BC Boards

Assisi Loop experiences?

nancy in AZ

Has anyone here had any experience with the electromagnetic pulsing "Assisi Loop" ?  It's been recommended to me for Jill by the holisitic" vet we saw recently, and only sold thru vets or by prescription. My bullshit detector is going off, big-time.  At a cost of almost $300 for an item with component parts that likely cost under $20, (yeah I know, R&D costs, marketing, packaging etc) I am not willing to purchase without a money-back guarantee, which of course is non-existent.

This vets patient intake form discloses that "while there is mounting scientific evidence as to the effectiveness" of many of their treatments, "much of the evidence is anectdotal" and "many do not have scientific evidence as to their efficacy or long-term safety" . Jill recently had saw our regular vet which included rads. She has spondylosis and spinal issues commensurate with what is likely to be seen in most 12 year old dogs experiencing similar issues. So I made an appt for acupuncture/chiro to address her steadily deteriorating hind-end issues. She can no longer rise on her own power, and her mobility is severely compromised. From personal experience as well as those of family members who have had extensive experience with these modalities, I am very skeptical about many of these "alternative" treatments, but am willing to try, within reason to see if she benefits.   I have been down this road before with prior companions and am all too familiar with how this will likely progress. I am just not yet ready to come to terms...

TIA

14 hours ago, nancy in AZ said:

Has anyone here had any experience with the electromagnetic pulsing "Assisi Loop" ?  It's been recommended to me for Jill by the holisitic" vet we saw recently, and only sold thru vets or by prescription. My bullshit detector is going off, big-time.  At a cost of almost $300 for an item with component parts that likely cost under $20, (yeah I know, R&D costs, marketing, packaging etc) I am not willing to purchase without a money-back guarantee, which of course is non-existent.

This vets patient intake form discloses that "while there is mounting scientific evidence as to the effectiveness" of many of their treatments, "much of the evidence is anectdotal" and "many do not have scientific evidence as to their efficacy or long-term safety" . Jill recently had saw our regular vet which included rads. She has spondylosis and spinal issues commensurate with what is likely to be seen in most 12 year old dogs experiencing similar issues. So I made an appt for acupuncture/chiro to address her steadily deteriorating hind-end issues. She can no longer rise on her own power, and her mobility is severely compromised. From personal experience as well as those of family members who have had extensive experience with these modalities, I am very skeptical about many of these "alternative" treatments, but am willing to try, within reason to see if she benefits.   I have been down this road before with prior companions and am all too familiar with how this will likely progress. I am just not yet ready to come to terms...

TIA

Looks to me  to be a very efficient device -- for transferring money from your wallet to theirs. Opinion based purely on the information provided by their website -- I have no knowledge of the device beyond that. 

I'd save your money for something more beneficial, if I were you.

There have been a number studies of Pulsed Electro-magnetic Field (PEMF) therapy done and I've read that most confirm its efficacy. https://pemfinfo.com/articles/

It's apparently been used in Europe for decades. I'd been thinking about asking my own pain management practitioner about it for myself and definitely will now that you've jogged my memory.

A few years ago my co-worker had a Boxer with spinal problems.  She never really got a definite diagnosis for her dog but did take her for physical therapy.  They gave her an Assisi Loop to try out (free), she thought it helped her dog but not enough that her (or I) would pay $300 for one.

For $300 to purchase one I don’t blame you for being hesitant. Did the vet have one she could use on your dog to see if it would even work? Or know someone who would have one just to see if it is a valid option for you?

I do like some holistic approach. My dogs have had massages and also chiropractic care. I have noticed an improvement and they can generally point to issue area. Yes, I do still use a regular vet also! The vet has also been able to confirm what the chiropractor advised without me telling him about it. I have heard a lot of positive things about acupuncture. While I don’t think it “cures” anything I think it can help overall. 

• 5 months later...

I used to work in a lab that did research in this area. It was well-controlled research by people who really knew their stuff. They saw some minor effects in cell culture at REALLY high EMF field strengths but even then, they weren't consistent or significant enough to even publish. In animal studies, they saw no effect. They were looking at both carcinogenic effects (there was a lot of talk at the time about living near power lines causing cancer) and found none, and also therapeutic effects and found none.

I'd save your money.