BC Boards

Puppy jumping and biting while walking

RonRonald

Somebody Please help us! We have a 10 week old bc and when we are on walks he jumps up and grabs our pants, coats, sweaters or anything he can get hold of and Does Not let go!  We’ve tried the Ouch, tried stopping and ignoring him ( while he continues to attack), and also tried screaming NO!  

Nothing has been effective. I know consistency is important and the Ouch thing is the method we have tried the most.  He starts puppy classes this Saturday.  My wife has bruises all up her legs from his biting. Everything I’ve read says it’s not aggression, just regular puppy biting but it sure looks like aggression to us.

Our last dog was a very docile Sheltie so this one has us totally stressed, not enjoying him at all and ready to get rid of him.  I’ve read on the board about the flipping him over and growling in his face method so I’m gonna try that. It’s sounds like it’s logical. Any words of wisdom?

Thanks,  Ron