BC Boards

Ok I know this can't be a fluke!!! :)

As most of you who are familiar w/ Aussie's know, they tend to be a bit more vocal. Well, Navi takes more after the Aussie side. I've been trying since the day we got him to *talk* to me on command.

Every morning when its breakfast time, he comes out of his crate and "woo woo woooooo's" at me. I've been doing it back at him before I give him his bowl and he usually repeats himself.

Last nite we were having cuddle time before bed and I did the "woo woo woo" thing several times and he did it back each time for about 5 times.

I'm so proud of him for this. Nobody in my household understands why I even want to teach him something like this. To tell the truth I don't even know why, other than I just like it when he talks to me.

And who says that BC's have weird quirks!! :rolleyes: :eek:

Ok I want to know how everybody gets these really cute smiley faces winking and stuff on your posts!

My Wolfie BC boy used to howl since he was about 8 wks. old, hence the name, Wolf!

As he got older his howls got more, hmmmm, shall we say understandable to me. Every morning he would woooo, and then started waaaaaa type sounds too, ended up as time went on it sounded like the waaaa, was maaaaa!

Ya know where I'm going with this!!!! Weird quirk or not, I swear he said... ma, ma! every morning! My family still thinks I am the weird one, but who cares, I know what he was saying! Hah!!!

First, JoeAnne, next to the reply box, in red and underlined is Instant Graemlins. If you click on this it will make a box with the different faces. When you click on the one you want it will show up in the reply box as a command but when you post it changes to the proper face!

Second, I think it's great y'alls dogs are "talking" to you! And JoeAnne, I saw on an Animal Planet show a Husky that could say quite a few words! So you just keep at it, and who knows, I might see YOU on Animal Planet!

LOL I agree with Karrie! Zoe's not much of a talker, more of a whiner, Zeeke is the talker... but he usually talks BACK with grunts and moans and grumbles under his breath. If someone could translate, I'm sure they would not be very flattering comments!!

That's cool. People that arn't dog people think we're weird anyway. lol. Hey, I'm probably weird too so no big loss. lol.

Annie talks with a ball in her mouth; I believe she is saying, "Let's play!" She also talks if she feels she is being neglected, and uses her talk to protest when I leave for work in the morning, as well as to greet me when I get home from work in the evening.

Hey Dixie Girl... It worked, I got my winking smily face, on my "Go Figure" post! YEAH!...

Thanks!

I live in the city and my girlfriend used to take Chula to the park to keep her company on her daily 2 km run, lets say that the people that went to the park looked kinda of mysterious, not very friendly looking people, so I taught Chula to bark on command in case she ever needed to scare someone away, a couple of months passed and I thought it had all been a waste of time. But one night a guy is walking toward my gf and she swears he looked like a rapist, so when the guy is a bit nearer and he's staring her down, she gives the command and Chula starts barking, my gf says the guy went white, and you know how we mexicans are a bit brown in skin color, but she swears the guy was pale white, and the guy turns around and walks away.

I now felt more secure with her talking her evening walks alone with Chula.

On another note, im getting married in 3 weeks...just in case anyone wanted to know... :rolleyes:

My oldest male (Don't tell him that though! He "IS" the "baby" or so he likes to think.) does a "wooo wooo."

He does it when he hasn't seen me/family for awhile and we are just comming in. Also when he snuggles up to us.

If it is repeated to him, he'll do it back too.

I sometimes think its like an "I love/miss you" in his little doggy talk. :rolleyes: lol

Katelynn

On another note, im getting married in 3 weeks
Congratulations! DW and I will be married 40 years this year, so we wish you the best of luck. My toast for your wedding: May your sad times be measured in minutes, and your happy times measured in years.

My border collie, Evvie, talks to me all the time. She does the wooo, wooo thing. She does it in different tones and I've come to learn what tone is for what (she has me trained well...lol!) She does it a lot when we see my family because she gets so excited to see them. If she gets in trouble for something, she does it with a little attitude, like she is talking back. I love it. I think it's adorable. She doesn't need to use "people words" to be able to talk to me!

My sister's enormous 3 yr. old German Shepard, Duece, loves to HOWL with the family. We'll get him started by howling, one by one we'll all start, then he joins in. We'll howl for several minutes until someone starts clapping - signifying the end of the session and applauding everyone for their effort. Duece goes nuts - he thinks it's all for him (and it is). Her border collie, Kosmo, just looks at us and shakes her head. She thinks w're insane...

Misty is the quietest dog I have in the house..however outside she simply likes the sound of her own voice. she wont talk to me because she really does not care lol Happy however... I argue with her lol

a typical arument with Happy goes a little something like this:

me:sit

Happy: Roh!

me: Haaaappppyyyy....

Happy:Roh!

me: SIT

Happy: rrrrrrrr roh!

lol I also remeber haveing a flyball meeting a few years back, most of the dogs were kenneld, but Happy was being good and just laying at my feet, but the meeting just kept going on..and on...and on.. suddenly Happy lets out a VERY loud, and long MOAN, apperntly maing her point known lol everyone stopped and looked at her, then burst out laughing lol

Happy also makes verious nises on command, she whines on command, "whispers" on command(barks really quiet) moans on command, barks on command, and "woo"s on command.