BC Boards

Breeder question

Does anyone know anything about Irish Woods Stockdogs in West Virginia? I have a friend looking for a pup next year and this is one breeder who was suggested to them. They will be training for SAR but definitely want a working bred dog. They currently have a rescue Border Collie with some genetic based quirks so they’re hoping to get a mentally/environmentally stable dog with a well bred pup. 

PMs are fine! 

I Googled the kennel name and only found a FB page. And the cover photo is of a dog biting the head of a cow. ?!?!  There were several positive recommendations. That was all I could see since I am not  'friend'.

If she were looking for a pup right now, as of yesterday, there were 2 male pups available from a repeat breeding of my female pup I purchased last year. I can not say enough good things about my girl, and all the owners of the littermates would also give their pups from this cross high marks.

12 hours ago, gcv-border said:

I Googled the kennel name and only found a FB page. And the cover photo is of a dog biting the head of a cow. ?!?!  There were several positive recommendations. That was all I could see since I am not  'friend'.

If she were looking for a pup right now, as of yesterday, there were 2 male pups available from a repeat breeding of my female pup I purchased last year. I can not say enough good things about my girl, and all the owners of the littermates would also give their pups from this cross high marks.

Yup - that’s what I found, too. 

Thanks for the other recommendation! It sounds like a nice litter. They definitely do want to wait until next year due to current life circumstances and they do want a female this time as they recently lost an older female.