BC Boards

Goodbye

Smalahundur

This is not the same forum I signed up for ten years ago.

There are no discussions about stockwork anymore, an the influx of new people interested in training stockdogs has completely stopped. A few years ago I noticed this decrease in stockwork related content, and opened a topic about it. Since then it has just gotten worse.The only topics opened in the expert forum are offtopic, posted there by misstake. Anything related to stockwork is a request for information about trainers, or the announcement  of a trial in a continent I am not likely to visit soon. It's mainly a pet/sports forum now, and I am not particularly interested  in either. 

It's a pity, I really liked and enjoyed this place, lot of knowledgeable people, I learned a lot. Many people who were prepared to answer newbie questions in depth, I am grateful for the time and energy they put in it. So it is absolutely not with bitterness or resent I am leaving this place, rather with gratitude, not in the least for the people who kept this site running. A shame that people seem to look elsewhere ( I blame facebook) because I personally prefer this format over other social media.

I will no doubt look into the archives now and again, but I wil sign out and stop posting after this topic has run its course. I feel at the moment time spend taking part here is rather wasted. 

I will miss you.  I agree with the direction the forums have taken and I do think it's (no) thanks to pages that have sprung up on Facebook.  Maybe we could lure some of the FB posters back over here....?

Amy

I don't come here often very much anymore, I have learned so much from these boards and it is a shame other people are not going to have access to the amazing depth of knowledge that was here. Facebook conversations just don't have the same feel, as well as the groups being more specific. I will miss your observations. 

So coincidental. I just checked into the forums right now for the first time in several months, and your post was the first one I read. I have also learned a lot over the past 10-11 years and certainly agree that the tone of the forums have changed. I have read your past posts with interest for your ability to generally get directly to the core of the issue, and any insights you offer about life in Iceland. I will miss that.

Oh dear!  A crisis...  I've decided to come more often and post things I find about stockwork.  More hits for the working collies.  This is a great place, and people need to know about stockwork and what "real" Border Collies are all about.  (So sayeth the completely inexperienced owner of a non-working dog.)