BC Boards

Hi guys looking for some help we have a 7 month old border collie  , an amazing dog great temperament,  how ever , sleeping is a different story , no matter what we do how late we go to bed , how late we walk him or how many times to tire him out he will bark at 4am or 5am or anytime inbetweene, I know hes only a puppy , but is there anyway we can get him to sleep a bit later ? 

20 hours ago, Mike whitnall said:

Hi guys looking for some help we have a 7 month old border collie  , an amazing dog great temperament,  how ever , sleeping is a different story , no matter what we do how late we go to bed , how late we walk him or how many times to tire him out he will bark at 4am or 5am or anytime inbetweene, I know hes only a puppy , but is there anyway we can get him to sleep a bit later ? 

Has it started since the clocks changed? Do you give him? I've recently learnt with my adolescent nearly 8 month old we have been rewarding his behaviour. Is he crated and if so do you get him out when he does this? It could be boundary testing. There are amazing handlers here I am sure they will be along soon to help :)

We have the same problem. Our 10 month old was waking every morning at 4.30 am. The clocks went forward. Great first morning 6 am. But he has, over the last 4 nights got earlier and has settled at 5 am. now. He goes to bed between 9.30 and 10. He does occasionally wake up and bark around 11 pm, when a neighbours dog is out and barking and I go down and tell him to go back to sleep, which he does. He sleeps in his crate and happily goes in there daytime and at night. He does not need to go out and pee as I open the doors, but he just sits and waits for my husband to get up and take him for a walk.

Everyone says, let him sleep with you and he won’t wake up, but he hears everything going on outside, so may bark. I also have 2 adult sons and think he will try and wake them.

We have come to the conclusion that he just misses us.

It is just before 8 am now and he is fast asleep, having been out for a walk and had his breakfast.

oh the joys of puppy parenting.